Saturday, 22 August 2026

As The UK Heatwave Dissipates, The Forces Are Marshalling for Next Year..

The El Niño event that is developing over the Pacific Ocean is likely to be the strongest in living memory, the Met Office has warned. The powerful natural climate phenomenon pushes up global temperatures and can increase the risks of extreme weather. Added to the effects of human-induced climate change, the Met Office is warning that it is "very likely" to mean 2027 is the hottest year on record.

I'd be worried, if I didn;t remember all the forecasts the Met Office made that didn't materialise.... 

There is growing evidence that weather patterns around the world are already being affected, with below-average monsoon rains in India and suppressed hurricane activity in the Atlantic Ocean. El Niño could put the UK at greater risk of a wet, stormy autumn.

Given monsoons and hurricanes kill people, isn't that rather a good thing? And a wet stormy Autumn is a typical season in the UK, isnt it? 

"We should be clear that this is an unprecedented event", said Prof Adam Scaife, head of long-range forecasting at the UK Met Office. "I have never seen an El Niño signal this intense in our forecasts."

Well, we'll see.  

6 comments:

  1. Yeah. Thanks for the warning, now tell us how we should prepare for the "unprecedented event".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fewer Atlantic hurricanes? Isn't it only a couple of years ago that we were being told that anthropogenic warble gloaming will cause more of them and more devastating ones at that? Whether the weather be hot or whether the weather be cold, it's all our fault we'll be told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Met Office has as much credibility as Public Health England.

    They can fuck off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't trust the Met Office or those bought-and-paid-for "experts" to predict yesterday's weather.
    As long as the "funding" and "grants" keep rolling in, they'll say whatever they're told to say. I've had dealings with "consultants" before when I did a four-year term as a borough councillor.
    To say that I was unpopular with said "consultants" would be an understatement.
    They know that they are unlikely to be challenged withing the public sector as that sector couldn't give a flying fourex for the taxpayers just the money they extort from them.
    Those "consultants" know full well that they can peddle the most banal crap just as long as it has the latest fashionable buzzwords and sorry to say, the calibre of most local politicians is below that of our cat, doo as the whips tell them. and just go with the flow while being held in contempt by the jobs-for-life arrogant and highly politicised bureaucrats.
    Unlike the other sheep, I altered the snipers charter aka the Councillors Code of Conduct before I agreed to sign it, and was effectively bomb-proof against frivolous and vexatious complaints.
    I got my way. The consultants got the boot and my idea was dopted, no recognition, but then who cares, I won. Did the same with a potentially disastrous PFI that would've put the borough into debt for years. Saved over £200 million to date, needless to say, no thanks. Instead I was told off for "destroying their legacy" and "didn't I care?"
    My replies were GOOD and NO and that if they wanted a "legacy" then perhaps they pay out of their own pockets, not the over taxed residents .
    Needless to say I wasn't reselected, but, to be frank, I didn't care, as I'd achieved what I wanted and saved a lot of money, borrowed plus interest involuntarily "guaranteed" by the taxpayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unprecedented. You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

    Weather varies. This or that aspect of it being above or below average is just a normal part of that variation. You would think that people at the Met Office would know that.
    Stonyground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be silly. The Met Office is just another tax greased public edifice packed with left leaning "experts" who'll push whatever agenda they were force-fed in whichever Univershitty Hall of Knackerdemia Marxist propaganda unit they attended.

      Delete