An 18-year-old man who died in a tragic motorbike crash in Brentwood has been named and pictured for the first time.
A GoFundMe has now been arranged for the victim's family, naming him as Jay Barrow.
Let me guess 'cheeky smile' , 'light up a room', rtd rtc
A statement accompanying the fundraiser says that the lives of Jay's family "changed forever" in the blink of an eye.
I'm guessing it's only by the grace of god that some other, totally innocent poor sod's life wasn't changed.. and I used to think chavshrines were the worst aspect of these stories, but in 2026, there’s an even worst aspect.
It is understood that donations raised by the page will go towards easing any financial burden on the family to allow them to grieve.
Despite ruling it a 'single vehicle collision' police are keen to trace the driver of a small blue convertible seen driving in the area at the time. I wonder why, when they could just close this with ‘young man, powerful machine, shit happens’?
I think your prejudice is showing. (Mine is there but not showing yet.) Initially I read the linked story and agreed with you, why are the police trying to find the driver of the small blue convertible? But then I remembered one of my motorcycle accidents which was mostly* caused by a driver pulling out of a junction in front of me. I didn't hit his van but in avoiding the collision I lost control and slid along the ground for a considerable distance.
ReplyDeleteSo maybe, just maybe, the police suspect that the car driver had some involvement in the accident.
* I say "mostly" because losing control was due to my lack of skill.