Friday, 14 August 2026

'We are perfectly reasonable people...'

Says who? A spokesman for owners at High Penderleath, a caravan site with a strict policy that campers cannot leave the site after 11.30pm unless it's for an emergency.

And yet the 'Mail' would clearly like us to believe that the people who chose to leave when they wanted to leave are in the wrong, are indeed 'entitled' people for doing so, who should be 'ashamed' for failing to comply with the prison's camp's demands.
This is the moment an 'entitled' married couple break a Cornish campsite's barrier at night so they can pick their children up from a music festival. The husband and wife were captured on CCTV spending more than an hour trying to lift the electronic barricade at family-run High Penderleath campsite in St Ives, which had been closed for security reasons.

Security reasons? It’s a bloody campsite, not a nuclear research facility! 

Appearing triumphant after causing £4,600 worth of damage, she puts her face up to the camera again and sneers, 'I hope your barrier never works again, you k*******s' before What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers begins to play over the footage.

 I don’t blame her, but ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ by The Who might be more appropriate. But back to the commandant of Stalag Penderleath:

'What we don’t find reasonable is being left with a substantial repair bill because someone decided to disregard a security restriction rather than make arrangements with us beforehand.'

Just repeating the term isn’t going to give it any more gravitas, you know… 

6 comments:

  1. I just looked at their Terms and Conditions. They say nothing about the site being locked down at night. The only possibly relevant condition is a noise restriction after 11:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until they try and impose those "fifteen minute concentration camps" I predict aot of justifiable unrest particularly from the middle-class Islington types who never thought it would apply to them.

    Well done that couple for destroying the Stalag Barrier. Imagine had it been a medical emergency, the delay having contributed to complications and/or, death.
    On the other hand Stalag Penderleath should be renamed Penned-in-leath and an ideal holiday prison from home home prison for those "green" fifteen minute city fans, who naturally would cycle all of the way, so as to "save the planet" from CO2 while pimping4palestine who threaten the planet.
    Cynical? Me? You betcha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought, but with all of that "security", the place seems ideal for housing the cross-channel military aged, male boat invaders. I'll wager the owners could be Refooooojeeeez Welcome types.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would assume they were aware of the restrictions before they booked. I would also assume they could have made arrangements, as stated in the quote
    I would therefore, have no sympathy for their situation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I'm with the campsite on this. Not a camper are you Julia? Campsites have a problem with people coming and going at all hours, both potential thieves and noisy entitled inconsiderate campers. A lot of sites operate a curfew; typically if you return to site late you have to park at the gate and walk in. Those that don't like the rules can (presumably) find somewhere else to camp.

    John Tee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Presumably they could have parked outside the barrier

    ReplyDelete