Friday, 4 September 2026

There Goes Another Old Tradition, Killed By 'Progress'...

That being 'the show must go on!'
Jonathan Bailey has announced he has withdrawn from West End show Sunday In The Park With George after his 'dearest friend' Ariana Grande pulled out last month. Ariana is performing her final ever show tonight (September 1) in London before she takes a step back from the public eye. Just hours before she takes to the stage, Jonathan shared a statement revealing his surprise exit in support of Ariana's decision to also withdraw.
He wrote on Instagram: 'Ari is one of my dearest friends, and my support for her is unwavering. 

To the point that because she is leaving he has to? And this is not a case of an actor relieved to have a reason to be out of a failing production…

'Marianne [the production's director] is extraordinary and one of my longest collaborators and friends. After much consideration, I have decided to step back from Sunday in the Park with George. 
'This brilliant, introspective musical has been a real passion project for me, and I feel incredibly lucky to have shared in its journey with this team. 

It can’t have been, if it can’t be ditched for so ridiculous a reason! 

'Among many things, the story explores the deep connection between George and Dot, a beautiful, devoted pairing, and I so look forward to seeing what the two actors who will now take on these roles will create with it.
'I wish the very best to the entire company, I will be cheering them on as they continue with this production. Jonny x'

Is it me, or  does no one have any hard work ethic anymore?

The pair will both be recast as theatre bosses actively look for new talent.

Hopefully they will find some who are grateful for the chance and with the ability to stick it out to the finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment