Sunday, 22 February 2026

Well, I Suppose They Did At Least Get The Species And Breed Right This Time...

 ..which, let's face it. is good going for this particular member of the MSM!


Germiran Bryson, 26, showed up at Las Vegas’ Harry Reid International Airport with her two-year-old goldendoodle earlier this month, only to be turned away when she didn’t have the proper paperwork to bring the pup aboard as a service animal.

*sighs* A two year old dog is in no sense 'a puppy'... 

Sunday Funnies...

 Frankly, I often do think that, no matter the film...

Saturday, 21 February 2026

Not Entirely Due To The Technology, Rhett

Last week, Rhett Reese, the co-writer of Deadpool & Wolverine, Zombieland and Now You See Me: Now You Don’t, said “it’s likely over for us” after watching a widely disseminated AI-generated clip featuring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt fighting.
He added: “In next to no time, one person is going to be able to sit at a computer and create a movie indistinguishable from what Hollywood now releases....

Is that not in part because what Hollywood releases these days is mostly garbage?

...True, if that person is no good, it will suck. But if that person possesses Christopher Nolan’s talent and taste (and someone like that will rapidly come along), it will be tremendous.”

Why wouldn't someone with that talent work in Hollywood - is it because he is shut out for having the wrong opinions and only welcomed in if he professes to have changed?

The first iteration of Seedance launched in June last year. The Motion Picture Association, the Hollywood trade association that represents studios such as Paramount, Warner Bros and Netflix, accused ByteDance of “unauthorised use of US copyrighted works on a massive scale”. The actors’ union Sag-Aftra has accused Seedance of “blatant infringement”.

They are worried. Mainly because their closed shop is threatened. Good!   

Unforseen Consequences

Sir Keir Starmer issued a direct plea to London parents to get their children vaccinated against measles as health chiefs were scrambling to contain a “big outbreak” in the north of the capital. The Prime Minister’s intervention highlighted how worried the Government is about the outbreak in Enfield.

And they are right to be, but it’s a disaster entirely of their own making, no matter what they want you to believe. 

Taking a swipe at Nigel Farage’s Reform UK for giving a stage to a doctor who wrongly claimed Covid jabs were linked to cancers affecting the King and Princess of Wales, the PM added: “Public health isn’t a culture war.

 It became one when you acquiesced in the government of the day’s plan to lock down the entire country for a flu variant, and encouraged everyone to get ineffective jabs to ‘combat’ it.

“It’s about keeping our communities safe.

 Which ‘communities’ are these anyway? Remember when the UK only had the one to worry about? 

Health minister Stephen Kinnock stressed that the Government was “very concerned” about the big outbreak in north London.“Our country expects its leaders to stand firmly behind science to protect our children, not to give oxygen to conspiracy theories.”
Dismissing discredited claims of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism, he stressed that the jab was “completely safe in terms of the science”.

Yeah, science, from the people that believe women can have penises and men can, if they take hormones, grow a cervix! It is to laugh!

Friday, 20 February 2026

'National Emergencies' Aren't What They Used To Be...

Deepfake nudes and “revenge porn” must be removed from the internet within 48 hours or technology firms risk being blocked in the UK, Keir Starmer has said, calling it a “national emergency” that the government must confront.

Really? Pictures are a 'national emergency'? Even admittedly fake ones, or ones supplied by the 'victim' themselves? Don't we have real life things to worry about? 


Of course, they have to get this through the Commons, and then the Lords, first: 
Companies could be fined millions or even blocked altogether if they allow the images to spread or be reposted after victims give notice.Amendments will be made to the crime and policing bill to also regulate AI chatbots such as X’s Grok, which generated nonconsensual images of women in bikinis or in compromising positions until the government threatened action against Elon Musk’s company.

WE all know the real reason why thin-sknned Starmer has it in for social media, don't we Reader?  

The prime minister said that institutional misogyny being “woven into the fabric of our institutions” meant the problem had not been taken seriously enough. “Too often, misogyny is excused, minimised or ignored. The arguments of women are dismissed as exaggerated or ‘one-offs’. That culture creates permission,” Starmer wrote.

So, Starmer, what are you planning to do about Hampshire Police?  Or would the answer be 'Nothing, because it's not linked to social media'? 

Oh Look, It's The Consequences Of Our Actions Once Again!

 How it started: 



How it's going: 


Just once, I'd like the conseqences to fall on those ptoposing something, and not on everyone else. 


Thursday, 19 February 2026

"a childish escapade that got out of hand very quickly"

A 16-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy were cleared of murdering Alexander Cashford, 49, but convicted of the secondary charge of manslaughter at Woolwich crown court. The attack took place in Leysdown-on-Sea on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent on 10 August last year after Cashford had given his phone number to the girl two days earlier. A 16-year-old boy who was also involved in the attack previously pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
The three defendants cannot be legally named because of their ages.

 Old enough to plan to ambush a man and set about him, leading to his death, yet still 'vulnerable children' im the eyes of our ludicrous legal system...

The court heard that the three teenagers exchanged messages with Cashford using the alias Sienna after he had met the 16-year-old girl at an amusement arcade and given her a business card with a fake name.The teenagers arranged to meet him at the seafront in Leysdown-on-Sea at about 7pm, the court was told, before following him as he walked along the promenade with the girl.

Copying, it would appear, the internet notoriety of the so-called 'paedophile hunters', who have set themselves up to catch the Third World predators our police farces don't seem interested in stopping. 

During his evidence, the older boy was asked if, in the immediate aftermath – before they were arrested or discovered Cashford had died – he had thought he had “done the right thing” by attacking him. The boy replied: “Yeah, kind of, yeah.” When asked why, he said: “Because I feel like the police wouldn’t have done anything.”

A chilling indictment of modern youth, and also, may I suggest, how the forces of authority have failed us all? 

The three teenagers are expected to be sentenced in April.

And no-one will face any censure for the failures of society that put them in the dock, and Mr Cashford in a grave.  

So You Think It's Easy To Defend Against Online Harms?


Sir Keir Starmer will today say he is stepping up Government action to protect children online amid growing pressure for him to ban under-16s from social media. The Prime Minister will vow that no social media or internet platform will get a 'free pass' when it comes to children's safety.

Even though the Pakistani rape gangs all did?  

Ministers will also look at ways to prevent children using VPNs - which can bypass age verification systems - to access pornography. And they will consider measures to preserve phone data in tragic cases where online activity is suspected of being involved in a child's death.

They haven’t a clue, have they? If an adult gives a child in their house permission to use a VPN, what can the government do about it? Why do they even consider it their business? Especially considering they mandate VPNs for the public sector when WFH...

The PM said last night: 'As a dad of two teenagers, I know the challenges and the worries that parents face making sure their kids are safe online
'Technology is moving really fast, and the law has got to keep up. With my government, Britain will be a leader not a follower when it comes to online safety.

Which is why you immediately jumped on Australia's social media ban for under 16's without even waiting a few months to see how (or if) it worked?  

'We are acting to protect children's wellbeing and help parents to navigate the minefield of social media.'

IF you genuinely cared about children’s welfare, would you have locked them up for a year under Covid and imported infinity Third World migrants to compete with them for scant (and ever dwindling) social resources?  

Wednesday, 18 February 2026

What’s More Niche Than Niche?

The manosphere is back (Ed: Did it ever go away, then?), and we’ve lost mainstream feminist websites such as Teen Vogue; bigots everywhere are celebrating what they see as the death of “woke”. Put it all together and we have a dismal stew of doom for someone like me, a queer woman and a feminist who’s been a games journalist and critic since 2007.

Perhaps because your immediate focus is on what you are, as opposed to what you do...?  

In the mid-2010s, I worked for a small “geek girl” feminist website called the Mary Sue, and it was a unique pleasure to write very specific articles for a very specific audience. The Mary Sue relied on advertising income, which meant that all of us had to write up to six articles every weekday; there wasn’t time to spend on investigative reporting, for example, or long-form critical essays. I’m still proud of what we achieved, despite the intensity of those working conditions, not to mention the amount of harassment we faced just for existing.

'Harassment' no doubt limited to people's refusal to read said website? 

Later, I left the Mary Sue and went on to work for Kotaku and then Polygon, both huge games websites where I was writing for broader audiences, rather than the hyper-specific one we catered to at the Mary Sue.

Both huge games websites thst were once readable, but are now shadows of their former selves, conquered as they have been by the identity politics crowd,  

But then, in the summer of 2025, my then-employer Polygon underwent a mass layoff and acquisition. We went from a staff of 42 people to just eight. After a particularly disheartening video call with our website’s new owners, I realised I was going to have to quit.

The only surprise was she disn't leap into a cozy spot at Reactormag. Another publication that seems to hire mostly people unable to sublimate their political leanings and personal sexual hang-ups long enough to do their job.

Another one of my colleagues at Polygon – Zoe Hannah, games editor – quit as well, for similar reasons. She hit me up with an idea she had for a feminist games website. “You should do it,” I told her. And then I sat there for a moment and thought about it. No, we should do it!
I believe our website is a necessity in our current political climate. It should have existed before, when I and millions of other girls who grew up playing games were made to feel out of place by media and advertising that was laser-focused on teenage boys. But it’s not too late for me to make sure it exists now.

Well, I wish you luck. You're gonna need it!  

Well, THIS Will Need A Very Specialised Team...

                                             

Who could possibly take this one on



"Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey"