Wednesday 18 May 2016

How About A Nice Trip To Paris, Instead?

Just not the one in Texas:
Hapless Richella, from Sutton Coldfield , booked the trip through lastminute.com as a 30th birthday surprise for Ben.
She kept it secret for more than a year before finally revealing the present at a bash in front of all their family and friends.
Me, I'd keep this quiet, rather than run to the papers...
Ben said: “It’s a common mistake apparently – but if that’s the case the company’s website should make it more clear.
*boggle*

H/T: Stonyground in comments

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked up this story a few weeks ago at a blog called "Angry people in local newspapers", it gave me a good laugh at the time. I don't recall ever mentioning it here though, so I'm not sure why I'm getting any credit for bringing your attention to it.

Stonyground

Weekend Yachtsman said...

Ha!

A friend of mine was asked by his wife to book the flights to Palma (Majorca).

Instead, he booked flights to Parma (Italy).

Well, it sounds (nearly) the same, doesn't it?

Not such a big mistake price-wise (new tickets on the day cost him about £400 I believe), but it certainly gave us all a laugh!

Bucko said...

Same shit happened to me when I flew to New York for the UK Snooker Championship

Anonymous said...

"Richella". The kind of name mentioned less on University Challenge and more on Jeremy Kyle.
Penseivat

JuliaM said...

"I don't recall ever mentioning it here though, so I'm not sure why I'm getting any credit for bringing your attention to it."

And now, neither am I! I've gone back and can't seem to see the reference. Maybe I had too many windows open, and confused you with someone else, on another blog?

I should have TWO cups of tea before settling down to Sunday replies! Mea culpa. :)

"Well, it sounds (nearly) the same, doesn't it?"

I know where I'd rather be! :)

"Same shit happened to me when I flew to New York for the UK Snooker Championship"

:D

""Richella". The kind of name mentioned less on University Challenge and more on Jeremy Kyle."

Oooh, I hadn't even noticed that one!