Monday 12 December 2022

Do You Really Want To Bring 'Scolding' Back, Whitty?

People should have ‘the courage’ to tell off motorists who leave their engines running outside schools, Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer said yesterday.

What..?! 

Mr Whitty said: ‘I think we should make really clear to people the downsides of doing this that they are actually causing significant problems, potentially to vulnerable people and I think almost every parent would consider someone who is idling a car outside their child’s school to be an incredibly antisocial person to have around.
He added: ‘I think this should be about people saying and having the courage to say, look, please don’t do this.

Strange. You don't much like it when you are scolded by the public, do you? And you didn't listen to us when we said 'please don't lock us down again', did you?

In his annual report on the nation’s health, Professor Whitty said he has targeted air pollution as it is as significant a health risk as the Covid-19 virus.

In a way, he's right. But possibly not in the way he thinks... 

6 comments:

The Jannie said...

Typical of this level of "expert": highlight a symptom, not the disease. The real problem is the number of parents who drive 500 yards to collect their loinfruit from school instead of having a bit of exercise all round. When I were a lad, etc etc . . .

Andy said...

Is he still hanging around? Thought he would have snuck off in shame months ago. Definitely a candidate for Condemned of the year poll.

Longrider said...

What we need from Mr Whitty is a period of silence. A very long period.

Lord T said...

I'm sure that everyone will handle being hectored by a whingey whiney woke person well. No violence whatsoever.

I usually handle it by just smiling at them till they start freaking out.

Although I don't take any kids to school now I think I'll start just so I can leave the engine running. I'm really pissed with everything going on and this is a way to vent.

Ted Treen said...

Perhaps a little off-topic, but a little while ago, an acquaintance renowned for tinfoil hats, conspiracy theories, and following David Icke, told me that other-world aliens are amongst us.

Initially I thought he was just a harmless nutter, but then I saw Whitty on TV.

Maybe this acquaintance is correct, I thought.

JuliaM said...

"The real problem is the number of parents who drive 500 yards to collect their loinfruit from school instead of having a bit of exercise all round. "

Absolutely! I'm so very glad I don't live in a school road.

"What we need from Mr Whitty is a period of silence. A very long period."

I fear we aren't going to get it. He'll be on 'Strictly...' before we know it.

"Although I don't take any kids to school now I think I'll start just so I can leave the engine running."

This constant hectoring does start to make you think like that, doesn't it?

"Maybe this acquaintance is correct, I thought."

😉