Jack Huddart was playing with the console at Leeds General Infirmary when he accessed the photograph.*gasp*
His outraged granddad Philip Wilson also saw the picture, of a scantily clad woman, before he managed to clear the screen.And the usual overreaction:
Now staff have taken internet access off all the combined television and computer screens on the ward and an investigation is being held.*sigh* What was the offending picture, anyway?
The youngster, from Chapel Allerton, Leeds, was playing with the touch screen console when he inadvertantly clicked on a search for the former prime minister’s wife Cherie Blair which brought up the photo. Mr Wilson said the photo showed a bikini-clad woman, on which Mrs Blair’s head had been superimposed, in a suggestive pose.Oh! Well, I can understand the shock now. At first glance, it must have appeared to be an ACTUAL picture of a bikini-clad Cherie!
Mr Wilson said: “It’s just not acceptable on a kids’ ward.”That sort of thing isn’t acceptable anywhere, Mr Wilson.
“These should not be accessible to anyone in a hospital.”Ah. So…it’s not just a case of ‘For the chiiiilllldreeeen!’ then?
Another parent said she accidentally accessed explicit images of model Jodie Marsh on her son’s bedside screen. Jacqueline Honey said she was relieved that her four-year-old son Tommie had not seen them. Mrs Honey, of Swarcliffe, Leeds, said: “The last place you’d think your child would be in danger from the internet is in their hospital bed. It’s wrong.”‘Danger from the Internet’..?