Tuesday 3 February 2015

Hey, Jaded, Was This Officer 'Mistaken' Too..?

Seems to be a lot of 'mistakes' made here, eh?
...while taking her husband Justin home, she claims officers told the 40-year-old electrician there was no case to answer - before officially interviewing anyone involved.
"He said first of all once a dog got into my car that was my responsibility," she said. "I told him 'I don't think so'.
"Then after he said he would look into it he said to me 'we don't know what happened in that car, you daughter could have been teasing it, there's no case'. "I said 'excuse me, have you asked my daughter? No. She's still in bits'. I was devastated.
"It was absolutely awful and the fact I had to lodge an official complaint to get it investigated is disgusting."
Indeed it is.
Suffolk Police said: "When this incident was first reported to police, the initial assessment of the officer who attended was that no criminal offences had taken place.
"A subsequent review of the circumstances found that the case warranted further police investigation, and as a result the owner of the dog was reported for a summons to court.
"We hope that the victims are happy with the outcome of the court hearing and regret any distress caused over the initial handling of this case, which is currently being reviewed."
Time for a P45 or two?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made the headline,i'm famous...

This officer was clearly mistaken.The matter was then put right.Does he deserve to be sacked for this mistake? Do you get sacked Julia every time you make a mistake?
I've never said the police are perfect in their millions of encounters with the public every year.That would be impossible.What I try and do on here is give another point of view when the criticism is unfair.
Visit your local Crown Court and you will see the highly qualified and highly educated barristers pulling small suitcases on wheels.In those bags are huge law books because even they don't know every statute off the top of their heads.They then have time to prepare and do not operate under pressure like us and we are only plebs.
Jaded

Anonymous said...

It's not a mistake, Jaded.

It's a typical response from Plod nowadays.

An arrogant, can't be arsed, doesn't tick the diversity box, it's nearly knocking off time, can't you see I'm eating me sarnies brush-off.

Woe betide she say anything slightly colourful on Twitter though. Be round like a shot, Old Bill will.

The Cowboy Online said...

So ignorance of the law is a valid defence, but only if you're in the position of making sure it's applied?

Anonymous said...

Well said Jaded !

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX No. She's still in bits'XX

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BRILLIANT!

Promote that man RIGHT away!!!

Best laugh all day!:-D

JuliaM said...

"Does he deserve to be sacked for this mistake"

Yes.

He didn't make a simple mistake, he lied, and it's clear he did so to avoid having to do his bloody job.

"An arrogant, can't be arsed, doesn't tick the diversity box, it's nearly knocking off time, can't you see I'm eating me sarnies brush-off."

Spot on!

"So ignorance of the law is a valid defence, but only if you're in the position of making sure it's applied?"

Heh! Indeed...