The Morley Town councillor was rushed to Leeds General Infirmary after the end of her finger was bitten off during the attack. Coun Sanders is now warning fellow councillors to be careful in the run-up to the election.What, they needed a warning not to put their fingers through the letterbox? Are they that dim?
Coun Sanders was shocked to find out that she was not the only councillor to lose part of her finger electioneering.Oh. It would seem Sanders is that dim, since this is hardly something that hasn’t been covered – and covered well – by the media.
How can someone so incurious and unaware of issues think they have what it takes to be a councillor?
The councillor also wants owners of pets which are thought to be aggressive to put a cage around their letter box and a “beware of the dog” notice on the door.
Police have since ordered the owner of the dog which attacked her to do this following the incident.How about you simply spread the word that putting your fingers in the letterbox isn’t a good idea?
In fact, in this increasingly risk-averse society we live in, I’m surprised it’s not issued as an advisory note to all campaigners & letterbox-litterers…