Saturday 10 June 2023

‘It just went horribly wrong for me.’

But not as horribly wrong for as it did for your passengers. Seven of whom died:

When asked if fatigue might have contributed to the confusion he described, Dorris said: ‘I wouldn’t say so, no.’
Pressed again by the prosecutor if he might have been disorientated from having been asleep, Dorris said: ‘No, I wasn’t asleep. I was disorientated.
Dorris described how the disorientation had left him believing he was heading for Lloyd Park, and not the curve at Sandilands, and so did not feel he needed to immediately apply the brakes.

As excuses go, it's pretty thin... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is close to home for me and I've been following the story. One thing that puzzles me is why has taken so many years to come to trial?
Anyone sense a certain card waiting to be played?
Jaded

Anonymous said...

Which card would that be? Jack of Spades, by any chance?

JuliaM said...

"One thing that puzzles me is why has taken so many years to come to trial?"

Me too. I have my suspicions, of course.

"Jack of Spades, by any chance?"

πŸ˜‰