Saturday 21 October 2023

Not The Demographic I'd Expected...

A man accused of a series of violent carjackings on the A127 has claimed he is “possessed” and can’t be held accountable for any crimes, a court has heard.

Ah, another enrichment case, I suspect. Who else believes in possession and drive like maniacs? 

Levi Whalley, 33, ...

Oh! 

...is standing trial at Basildon Crown Court and allegedly threatened to stab a victim after stealing a car and attempting to steal others. The incidents took place on the A127 on September 26 last year and Whalley was eventually detained by members of the public on the busy road before being arrested.

I think we may be dealing with someone from a very unexpected demographic here... 

Following the cross examination, Whalley asked Judge Ian Graham if he could put forward his defence. Whalley added: “My life has turned out to be different from everyone on this planet, all the human beings. “I’m a little bit different and basically when I was a little nipper I was gifted but I didn’t realise it.“I’ve got a mind that is possessed, and because it is possessed I can imagine there are certain people that consider me dangerous but I am not. “I have never hurt anyone in my life, if I do stab or hurt someone it is not because I am dangerous, it is because I am possessed which is not my fault sir.”

Yup, another Caravan Utilising Nomadic Traveller, I think.  

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

Funny how often stereotypes turn out to be accurate.

JuliaM said...

Indeed!