Wednesday 1 May 2024

Streaming TV: Moon Knight (Disney+)

Disney+ has been an absolute powerhouse for Marvel, and clearly the back catalogue is vast, so I was a bit surprised they went with this particular character. 

I did at least know the character and some of the backstory this time, though it was never a series I read, as he turned up in lots of other comics I was reading at the time. But I was surprised at the choice. And the very first trailer - introducing us to Oscar Isaac's rather strange interpretation of an English accent - didn't really make me say 'Wow! Got to catch this one!'.

But of course, I did, and was hooked! The main protagonists worked well, and F Murray Abraham's Khonshu was a delight! And there were some inspired musical choices. I see a second season isn't on the cards, and that's a real pity.

3 comments:

The Jannie said...

Bad English accents? Dick Van Dyke did enough damage in Mary Poppins!

A recent calamity was the soundtrack of the latest "Murdoch Mystery". You'd have thought that there would be enough expat Jocks in Canada - we virtually built the place, after all - to tell the production team that their actors' language skills are 4kin' awful and also - they need to learn how to wear a kilt.

Tom said...

Have you got to Taweret yet? Adorable!

JuliaM said...

"Bad English accents? Dick Van Dyke did enough damage in Mary Poppins!"

This wasn't quite on that scale, thenkfully!

"Have you got to Taweret yet? Adorable!"

Yes, that was a great addition to the pantheon.