Police are now investigating the incident which involved a 10-year-old pupil at Eastwood Primary School, in Rayleigh Road, who went on the rampage in the canteen.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were contacted by the headteacher of Eastwood Junior School shortly before 9.30am on Thursday October 18, who was reporting a student had been involved in a knife-related incident the previous day.
“A ten-year-old boy from the Southend area had run through the building with a children’s cutlery knife before it was taken off him by staff.
“He was excluded from the school for four days.”Blimey! Given they usually fight tooth and nail NOT to exclude, this little hellion must be something special...
Police said they had no previous involvement with this boy. Headteacher Rebecca Perman said she could not comment on the case for confidentiality reasons.Well, of course!
Jane Theadom, Southend Council’s Head of School Support and Preventative Services, said: “The Council can confirm that an incident took place at Eastwood Primary School on Wednesday during which a Year Six pupil made racist comments to another child.
“The pupil later assaulted two members of staff. We are unable to give any further details at present because the matter is currently the subject of an investigation by Essex Police.
“However we can confirm that in the interests of the safety of all concerned the child involved was immediately excluded from school to allow for a thorough investigation to take place.”Still, why worry? It’s not as if it’ll affect his ‘rights’, is it?
Under the Government's admissions code, schools are told that progression into the sixth form must not be dependent on attitude, attendance or behaviour records.
The ruling emerged as a grammar school was reprimanded by the local government watchdog for refusing to offer an A–level place to an unruly teenager.Yes, it was a Labour initiative (of course) but have the Tories rescinded it?
No. Prizes for all!