Monday 2 November 2015

They Might ‘Give A Stuff’ If Dogs Start Using Facebook, Mr Clubb…

Mr Clubb rushed to the vets from the scene in Chalk Road and Cassie was due to have surgery yesterday morning after suffering cuts to the face and an injured eye.
He added: “I phoned 999, but the police couldn’t give a stuff.
“I got a text message from police saying they wouldn’t come out until between 9pm and 10pm the next night.
"There is a dog on the loose with the taste of blood and our police force won’t come out until the next day.
“I haven’t slept all night. I’m so angry by all of this. I want to know what they are going to do about this.”
Probably ‘sod all’. It is, after all, their usual response.
A dog attacking another dog is not a criminal offence, however, it is the owner’s legal responsibility to keep control of their pets if they are a danger to the public.
Hmm, I guess they didn’t get that memo in Greater Manchester:
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “We were called at 2.06pm - a man had been walking his dog through the city centre.
“He came across a dog that got a bit worked up and bit his dog.
“The man was then chased by the dog, described to be large, white with black patches.”
And…what are you doing? Nothing?
The 31-year-old waiter said: “It’s worrying because if it had been a young kid or a vulnerable person it could have been a different story.
“The owner might just need some help in learning how to control the dog.
“He apologised and tried to get the dog back by shouting it’s name, eventually he managed to drag him away.
“I love dogs but I was having to kick it away.
“I didn’t even realise I was in the road at first - I was getting dragged around by this big dog with cars coming towards me.”
That sounds like a dog out of the control of its owner to me.

But then, I don’t have the ‘special training’ that you need to be a police officer who doesn’t want to do any work.

3 comments:

Fahrenheit211 said...

What the victim needs to do is tell the police that the offending dog was wearing a collar with the words 'Mohammed was a paedophile' printed on it. No doubt in that case they would take immediate action including having the dog destroyed and the owner jailed for a hate crime.

John M said...

Yeah if that dog had been a black man the GMP would have tasered it without even shouting a warning...

JuliaM said...

"What the victim needs to do is tell the police that the offending dog was wearing a collar with the words 'Mohammed was a paedophile' printed on it."

Heh!

"Yeah if that dog had been a black man..."

But not a Muslim!