Monday 24 October 2016

File Under 'Nobody Cares'...

The family of 21-year-old Jamal Mahmoud, who was stabbed to death at Pentonville prison, today hit out at authorities for “neglecting” him.
*rolls eyes*
The prisoner was jailed for six years and six months in July as one of two gang members sentenced after hiding a loaded Skorpion machine gun and ammunition in a garden in Enfield.
He was already serving five-and-a-half years in prison for a separate robbery.
Now that's chutzpah!
His sister Souzan, speaking on behalf of her mother Hawa, told ITV News: "For her to get a phone call that her son had died in prison is just devastating. "I blame the prison more than the actual person that done it. They owed him a duty of care and they just neglected him.
"She's worried about my other brother who is also in prison."
What a charming family!
His fiancée Melissa Modeste, an administrative assistant with whom he had a 10-month old son, last night joined a vigil organised by friends.
In an emotional post on Facebook, she wrote: “Sleep tight my darling Jamal. I miss you, I love you, forever and always.”
She added: “I miss you telling me you love me, I miss planning our future together. I miss you making plans for [our son], I miss us talking about having another baby in the future, I miss us planning to get our marriage registered. 
"All I have left is a couple of tops and your 50 pairs of trainers. My engagement ring will never leave my finger.” 
My heart of stone seems strangely unmoved...

8 comments:

Sackerson said...

But as Peter Hitchens says, the punishment of prison is solely the deprivation of liberty, not brutal assault by sex-crazed or psychotic inmates. It needs to be firmer, fairer and safer. Back to the Victorian model, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Dungeons with chains have been transformed into cosy homes with plenty of social interaction, where they can chose to kill each other.

Andy said...

Fifty pairs of trainers? Are we sure this is a bloke?

Anonymous said...

Confiscate the trainers as proceeds of crime.

The Blocked Dwarf said...

All I have left is a couple of tops and your 50 pairs of trainers. My engagement ring will never leave my finger.”

My heart goes out to the 10 month old little boy who has such a materialistic mother.Surely he, the baby, is the best 'reminder' going...for any normal person.

Lynne at Counting Cats said...

Sounds like whoever shivved him might have saved a few lives further down the line.

Flaxen Saxon said...

Everyone should have 50 pairs of trainers. As for the engagement ring: What's the betting it will be in the pawn shop next week with the trainers.

JuliaM said...

"But as Peter Hitchens says, the punishment of prison is solely the deprivation of liberty..."

And if that were a sensible length of time, I'd be content. But it mostly isn't.

"Fifty pairs of trainers? Are we sure this is a bloke?"

LOL! I have to admit, that was the bit that caused a chuckle.

"Surely he, the baby, is the best 'reminder' going...for any normal person."

Depends on whether he was really the father, I suppose...

"As for the engagement ring: What's the betting it will be in the pawn shop next week with the trainers."

Probably before the body achieved room temperature...