Saturday 1 July 2017

*shrugs*

“If the Home Office takes my son, I will throw myself under the car that takes my son to the station,” says refugee Jehad Hassan.
...

...

Well, OK!
The 22-year-old Palestinian-Syrian asylum seeker was just 15 when the Syrian civil war broke out, fleeing his home country after he reached the age of military conscription and was recruited by Bashar al-Assad’s forces.
Separated from his parents and siblings in the chaos of the conflict, he journeyed to Europe alone and arrived in the UK in a lorry from Calais in 2014.
So he fled the laws of his own country, and broke ours to get here?
Now reunited, the Hassan family are rebuilding their lives in Middlesborough, where all members apart from Yousef have been granted refugee status. He has now lost a two-and-a-half year battle with the Home Office to stop his asylum claim being transferred to Italy.
Well, good! Ship him out, and if his family don't like it, they can go with him. I really, really don't care, at this point. I'm sick and tired of the lies these people tell.
“They’ve suffered enough,” said Andy McDonald, the Labour MP for Middlesbrough.
“They escaped war in Damascus, they made it to safety here, and now we’re putting them through a nightmare.”
I'm sick & tired of the lies these people tell too...
“I’m very confused, I’m very angry,” the father said. “All of us respect the law, but there is a human aspect to it.”
Respect the law? You've broken it, and announced your intention to break it some more if you don't get your own way.

4 comments:

Dr Evil said...

Damn right. This makes my blood boil. All these illegal immigrants should be kicked out. Bleeding heart idiots of Labour MPs should put this country and the British people first, not foreigners who illegally entered this country!

Anonymous said...

There used to be a place called Middlesborough in the US but the name got changed so now there is nowhere that I can find called Middlesborough.

Bucko said...

There's only one reason an asylum seeker from Syria crosses half the world to come to the UK, so I'm not defending him here and agree they should all be booted out, however...

If conscription was the law in the UK, I would be breaking it too

JuliaM said...

"Bleeding heart idiots of Labour MPs should put this country and the British people first, not foreigners who illegally entered this country!"

It's almost as if they think these people are more likely to vote for them than the working class, isn't it?

"...however...

If conscription was the law in the UK, I would be breaking it too"


I seem to remember a lot of US citizens fled to Canada once upon a time. There's not news on whether they then demanded the Canadian taxpayer stump up for free housing, citizenship & a life on benefits, though.