Saturday 15 June 2019

In Which I'm Forced To Agree With Piers Morgan...

Councillor Andrew Gordon, who represents Lee Chapel North on Basildon Council, took to Twitter to condemn the Good Morning Britain host’s “toxic views”.
About immigration? Racism? Jeremy Clarkson?
The controversial GCSE question asked: “There are 84 calories in 100g of banana. There are 87 calories in 100g of yogurt. Priti has 60g of banana and 150g of yogurt for breakfast. Work out the total number of calories in this breakfast.”
Piers said: “This country is going completely bonkers. We don’t re-write the entire maths paper which has a perfectly reasonable question because somebody may have a trigger moment.
Otherwise - here’s what will happen - with this snowflake generation, you end up with zero questions. You won’t be able to ask any questions about anything because it may trigger somebody and their anxiety - it is nonsense.”
Errr, in other words, like a stopped clock, Morgan is actually right...

What's this idiot's beef, again?
In response Mr Gordon said on Twitter: “My girlfriend had an eating disorder and is unfortunately no longer with us. I had an exam days after she died which asked me to count calories. That question broke me. Piers Morgan if you ever want to be educated on the subject, drop me a line because your views are toxic.
“Unfortunately, I just have to accept there is no real support for people in my shoes. I failed the exam, but oh well.
“That man is so dangerous, he is pushing a narrative that is dangerous and Good Morning Britain just sits back and allows him to shout over everyone who disagrees.
“There is absolutely nothing to gain from exposing someone to such a question. Compassion costs us nothing.”
This isn't 'compassion', any more than coddling a child in cotton wool is 'compassion'. Sooner or later, they have to contend with life, and the realisation that it isn't run to their own personal wishes and desires. They have to learn to cope.

How can anyone elect someone who advertises to the world that he can't?

7 comments:

microdave said...

Maths was never my strong point, but a few seconds with a calculator, and I make it 180.9 calories.

Workings:

84x0.6 = 50.4 87x1.5 = 130.5 50.4+130.5 = 180.9

Now I wait with dread to be told I'm wrong...

Hector Drummond, Vile Novelist said...

"I want to be a surgeon, but I can't deal with cutting people open and seeing blood. I demand to be given my medical degree and employed as a surgeon on a big salary without having to do any of that nasty cutting people open business which triggers my anxiety."

Stonyground said...

No more math questions about people getting on and off the bus in case someone in the class knew someone who fell under a bus is in the class. Calculating the height of a tall building using trigonometry is out too, just in case. Archimedes having his epiphany in the bath, nope. Continue ad nauseam.

Sobers said...

"My girlfriend had an eating disorder and is unfortunately no longer with us. I had an exam days after she died which asked me to count calories. That question broke me. "

So how does he imagine that other people who have had loved ones die manage when confronted with things that remind them of that loss? Do we close every road in case someone who has lost a close friend or relative in a car accident doesn't have to look at cars?

All this snowflakery is just a massive outbreak of solipsism - everything is about MEEEEEEE and stuff everyone else!

Just Trevor said...

Fucking retard doesn't come close.

Just Trevor said...

He is a bona fide nutter - schizophrenia, ocd, the full panoply. A Labour party councillors. And people vote for it.

Anonymous said...

Why count calories? Most people can and should ignore them.