Friday 8 December 2023

But They Won't Warn Parents That Johnny Wants To Be Called 'Julie'...

...so why would they warn them about this?

 

A recent survey shows nine in ten mums and dads want to be informed if their young ones partake in using the devices, which teachers say are growing in popularity. Currently, there is no legal requirement for schools to ban vapes or to notify parents if their child is caught, as there is for tobacco and drugs.

If you want to be fully informed about what your child is up to, there's only one option: homeschool them! 

5 comments:

Bucko said...

Legally required?
When I was at school, if you got caught smoking, you got a detention. Your parents had to sign the detention slip, and the reason stated was 'Caught Smoking'.

There were no MPs or laws involved, it just made sense. I take it they don't do that anymore?

Stonyground said...

Bucko, I always imagined you as being of an age when the consequences of being caught smoking would have been rather more immediate and direct.

Stonyground said...

It puzzles me that rebellious teenagers would want to get into vaping. My image of a vaper is that of a sad loser who was too weak willed to pack in smoking.

JuliaM said...

"I take it they don't do that anymore?"

Nope! It's called 'progress' (though I can't see why).

"...of an age when the consequences of being caught smoking would have been rather more immediate and direct."

Of being caught doing ANYTHING, in fact!

"It puzzles me that rebellious teenagers would want to get into vaping."

Maybe anything electronic is automatically 'cool'?

Bucko said...

Stonyground - I just turned 48 this month mate. That puts me at an age where I just missed out on corporal punishment. I never got caught smoking anyway, so...