Friday 17 September 2010

Restore Our Five-A-Day Or We Top The Warden!

Prisoners must be served perfectly-sized and shaped apples to prevent 'fruit riots' in Britain's jails, prisons minister Crispin Blunt has warned.
Just so you know, I’m studiously resisting a George Michael joke here…
The Tory minister's bizarre warning in a Commons debate on prisons prompted ridicule from Labour and will trigger speculation about his future.
Quite...
Last night a senior Tory source said: 'Mr Blunt's career seems to be going pear-shaped.'
Ouch!

7 comments:

John M Ward said...

"Going pear-shaped". I like it :-)

RAB said...

Not a problem in Scottish prisons of course. Nobody knows what fruit looks like. ;-)

Fascist Hippy said...

Given his choice of lifestyle I thought he might be more interested in the shape of bananas rather than apples.

Chuckles said...

RAB, George Michael would be my guess.

We definitely have some nominative determinism at work here. 'Crispin' Blunt commenting on apples?
And presumably this means that they can't serve blunt crispins in the prisons?

RAB said...

Ah Gorgeous Georgios!

Poor sod!

I bet he thought he'd won the Lottery!

There are more sex and drugs in jail than out. I bet he's been deliberately trying to bet banged up for ages.

Then they put him in solitary confinement, for his own protection.

Him the consumate cottager!

Now that's Cruel and Unnecessary punishment if ever I saw it.

JuliaM said...

Now, here I was, studiously ignoring the George Michael thing, and look what happens... ;)

RAB said...

"Have bait, will rise"

Is one of my many motto's sweet Julia, and is probably one of Chuckles too! :-)