Monday 25 February 2013

Stop Making It 'Difficult For The Police'..!

So says Chandra Babu, vice chairman of the Asian Resource Centre.

And how are people 'making it difficult for the police'? Why, simple!

They have nice things! People steal them! The police then have to do what we pay them to do, and find the robbers!

Oh, it's all too much!
Asians are making themselves "targets" for robbers and burglars by wearing "excessive" jewellery in public and leaving it unsecured at home, a community leader has warned.
Chandra Babu, vice chairman of the Asian Resource Centre, told the Advertiser that "one chain" is enough but wearing more was "making it very difficult for the police".
Oh, thanks for that crime advice, Chandra, but the police are way, way ahead of you!

Though you should know that they've attempted to row back from this particular message, when aimed specifically at your 'community' in the past, so you might want to check that they are OK with you letting the Bombay cat out of the bag, eh?
"It's difficult because a crime is a crime. There should be no excuse for it, but Asian people need to be educated. They need to be more careful."
There IS no excuse for it. So stop trying to make one.

Still, I'd better go see if any 'community leader' for my community is giving out such handy advice, maybe telling me what sort of electronic device is 'enough' for me to use in public, so as not to tempt thieves. I mean, the latest iPhone is obviously too much, but an old Nokia? I should be safe with that, right? And it should be 'enough' for me.

For the last time: IT'S NOT THE FAULT OF THE VICTIM - IT'S THE FAULT OF THE THIEF!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah yes the good old "community leader" - so often a case of "I appointed myself to this position and/or I had a letter/telephone call/e-mail from XXXXXXXX asking me if I would like to be regarded as one and, so far, no one has seen fit to question it, as you would expect, very polite and amenable the members of my community".

Nothing that the state bodies, agencies and politico's love more than "community leaders" ...

John Pickworth said...

An old Nokia Julia? I think the police would feel more comfortable if you were to invest in a pair of semaphore flags. In fact the police are justifiably proud of their efforts here; having reduced the 1915 peak of 3 thefts a year down to zero.

Furor Teutonicus said...

"One chain will do2(?)

Aye? So how BIG should this "chain" be exactly?

Because most of the chains I have seen this lot wearing could be used to anchor the bloody U.S.S Enterprise!

AND; I ask my self, probably foolishly, what is she doing about certain facts which may be uncomfortable for her to face, as to who the people are, and from which "community" they come from, who are doing most of the actual nicking of these "chains"?

MTG said...

I chance what complacency manifests itself in loud applause for careful vetting done by successive governments of 'visitors' to these shores. My regard for the remarkable nature of crime records maintained by UK police, is only slightly diminished by subordinate placement.

Crippling costs of the above public services can be justified when we are presented with statistical evidence to demonstrate a sensational upturn in our honesty as a Nation.

James Higham said...

letting the Bombay cat out of the bag

:)

Tatty said...

"Asians" being told they're asking for it ?

There's a novelty.

blueknight said...

Yes, but I suspect that much of this crime is Asian v Asian. If the thieves were mostly white you can be sure that the Chairman would be singing a different tune..

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX blueknight has left a new comment If the thieves were mostly white you can be sure that the Chairman would be singing a different tune.. XX

If the VICTIMS were mostly white....

Then the bich would probably be throwing a celebration party.

JuliaM said...

"...so often a case of "I appointed myself to this position ..."

Almost certainly!

"..most of the chains I have seen this lot wearing could be used to anchor the bloody U.S.S Enterprise!"

Heh! Mr T wants his look back.

"Yes, but I suspect that much of this crime is Asian v Asian."

Oooh, not quite! The most prolific burglar recently arrested was one 'Taoreed Ogboye'...

Rob said...

Perhaps the thieves are Liberal Democrat 'activists' who are prototyping their new wealth tax

Twenty_Rothmans said...

Yes, but I suspect that much of this crime is Asian v Asian."

Oooh, not quite! The most prolific burglar recently arrested was one 'Taoreed Ogboye'..


Don't Google his image. It's the front cover of The Bell Curve.