Tuesday, 21 May 2013

I Don’t Know About Growing To Look Like Their Pets…

…but certainly, the IQ seems to drop to match theirs:
Ms Wood said: “It was so scary. I feel terribly responsible, it was awful. The snake just came out of no-where, we didn’t even notice it because it was all curled up. At first we didn’t realise Boss had been bitten because there was no bite mark so we thought he had just stepped on the snake’s head.
“Then he started getting all woozy like he was going to sleep so we knew something was wrong. We just grabbed him rushed to the car and it wasn’t until he was seen by the vet that we knew he was poisoned and needed anti-venom.”
Ms Wood added: “We take the dog walking through there all the time and of course we know there is wildlife over there like foxes and badgers and things but it just doesn’t register that you should be on alert for snakes.
“I think warning signs should be put up maybe to make pet owners more aware and to be on their guard.“
Elsewhere:
Kate, who lives with 16-year-old son Callum in Acorn Avenue, said: “This should never have been able to happen. The gates on the entrance to Walking Field Lane do not display any danger warning signs.
“There was obviously a hole in the fence that he was able to climb under and get on to the tracks.“
She added: “It should be impossible for anyone to get on to the track and our dog was not a small slim dog. I am really concerned that a child could get on to the track.”
Sad events, but really, both could have been resolved by keeping your pets on leashes.

9 comments:

Bucko The Moose said...

""I am really concerned that a child could get on to the track.”""

Which would be solved by keeping your spawn on leashes

The Jannie said...

Good heavens! Are you really suggesting that we should take responsibility for our pets and children. Won't nanny do it?

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX I am really concerned that a child could get on to the track.”XX

Yeeess. There is ALWAYS hope.

John Pickworth said...

And don't forget them asteroids... no signs anywhere warning about them!

“It should be impossible for anyone to get on to the track..."

What do you suggest. Lethal-voltage fences or machine-gun nests to deter those that try? Or maybe we just let the trains take the strain for those that are successful.

Twenty_Rothmans said...

I think warning signs should be put up maybe to make pet owners more aware and to be on their guard.

I'm on board with that. Let's nail the first one square in Helen Wood's forehead.

As for the lovely Kate, if the dog had been fed her diet, this tragedy need not have happened.

Woman on a Raft said...

I wish I had got in to a sign-making company years ago. I'd be shifting thousands of units of "Don't poke that wasp" and "Mind the edge of the cliff" and "stand back, freak waves can happen" or my personal favourite "Beware! Stinging Nettles".

I'd be a miwl-yon-air by now.

Robert Edwards said...

Cretin. It's the nesting season. Any fule no that. Actually, an adder bite is no small matter, but really...

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

Kate, who lives with 16-year-old son Callum in Acorn Avenue, said: 

Chortle - "hole in the fence anger" perhaps? ;)

@Twenty Rothmans ... Aye, one fat dog in the house is enough I suppose :)

JuliaM said...

"Which would be solved by keeping your spawn on leashes"

Sadly, I hardly ever see reins on a child any more..

"As for the lovely Kate, if the dog had been fed her diet, this tragedy need not have happened."

SNORK!

"... or my personal favourite "Beware! Stinging Nettles"."

An entrepreneurial opportunity for the modern age!