Wednesday 9 October 2013

Bit Tall For A Chinaman?

The man on the bike was described as being Asian, around 6ft tall and of a thin build.
I always thought they were of rather short stature...
Mr Smith said the assault was ‘typical of the youth of today’.
He said: “My wife never wants me to say anything to people when you see them doing something wrong.
“She says I am getting on a bit and it is not up to me to tell them. But I cannot help it.
“What he did was arrogant. I do not like being messed around, not at my age.”
I'm reminded of that Heinlein quote about an armed society once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short stature: not really. The stereotype of Asians being short was formed in an era when the diet in Asian countries was generally not as high quality as in the West, and of course the quality of someone's diet as a child has a great effect on their adult height.

As diet improves, so the average height in Asian countries is becoming closer to that in the West (though still not as tall as the Dutch, but then they have to be able to keep their heads above water when the little boy takes his finger out of the dyke).

Anonymous said...

Dyke joke in 3..2..1..

Fahrenheit211 said...

This case isn't indicative of a 'youth' problem in Britain. It is indicative of how Britain has a Savage problem

JuliaM said...

"...but then they have to be able to keep their heads above water when the little boy takes his finger out of the dyke."

:D

" It is indicative of how Britain has a Savage problem"

It certainly doesn't help when we've bred our own savages, does it?