Wednesday 11 December 2013

Well, I'll Go To T'Foot Of Our Stairs!

A councillor was rushed to hospital after falling down a flight of stairs just moments before a disciplinary hearing into her comments on golliwogs was due to begin.
Oo-er!
The council’s standards panel into her comments to The Argus in August has now been postponed until a later date.
The Hangleton and Knoll councillor was due to attend a hearing chaired by three fellow councillors into charges she had brought the authority into disrepute for...
Comparing black people to golliwogs?

No. Amazingly, by... well, read for yourself.
...describing golliwogs as “nostalgic, not racist”.
A heinous crime, I'm sure you'll agree?
She had been contacted by The Argus to comment on a story that homestore firm Bert’s had been selling golliwog place mats.
Brighton and Hove City Council received four “separate but similar” complaints from three residents and the authority’s Black and Minority Ethnic Workers’ Forum on her comments.
Ah! I smell the distinct metallic tang of axes being ground by the usual suspects.

11 comments:

Woman on a Raft said...

This is the real reason: she tried to do her job and investigate shoddy healthcare.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10595026.City_councillor_investigated_over_claims_she_acted__unprofessionally_/

Woman on a Raft said...

And, as you will see at the bottom of the story, she was being chase by the equality mob because she represented the sentiments of her constituents when she suggested some travellers might care to travel.

Mark In Mayenne said...

I had a golliwog stuffed toy as a kid. My favourite, it was.

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

I really wish that I had the sort of time on my hands to be able to spend it investigating stuff I need to take offence at :0P

My favourite Jam had a Golliwog on the label when I was a lad - they can't be all bad then can they?

Joe Public said...

I wonder if, in the interests of non-discrimination, the authority also has a "White and Majority Ethnic Unemployed Forum"?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till someone on the council refers to the actions of travellers as 'nostalgic'.
Penseivat

MTG said...

Utter madness.

Anonymous said...

I'm just waiting for the Hulk to complain about the Jolly Green Giant.

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

Looking on the positive side though .. if she does get arrested for it, she'll know the drill won't she?

"No no officers, you sit and finish your Donuts - just point me to the stairs, I know exactly what to do!"

Anonymous said...

"Brighton and Hove City Council received four “separate but similar” complaints"

I smell Astroturf.

Anyway, they can't accuse her of racism, she isn't white, she's a kike. :)

Works in all directions, this racial stuff, don't it?

JuliaM said...

"This is the real reason: she tried to do her job and investigate shoddy healthcare."

Aha!

"I really wish that I had the sort of time on my hands to be able to spend it investigating stuff I need to take offence at..."

And be paid by the council to do so!