Friday, 13 October 2017

The NHS, Wonder Of The World...

Sussex Police said they were investigating the death of an 85 year old woman at the Royal Sussex County Hospital last month.
The Argus understands the investigation is looking into whether the patient was given a cup of orange liquid – which it was mistakenly believed was juice – but may have turned out to be a cleaning product.
I really don't know what's more worrying, that the cleaners put cleaning fluid in cups, or that the quality of NHS food is so poor, orange juice smells like cleaning fluid....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my place of work we use a cleaning fluid that is citrus based and smells of orange. It is claimed to be safer than chemical based cleaners. It can be used neat or diluted and I have to say that it is a pretty effective cleaner. The container does say that it can irritate your skin and gives instructions for flushing with lots of water if you get it in your eyes. It is also harmful to fish so don't go tipping it into any streams or rivers. It doesn't look like orange juice, it is almost clear, but it occurred to me that this kind of substance could have been involved.

Stonyground

Andrew Scarborough said...

God help us all.

JuliaM said...

"It doesn't look like orange juice, it is almost clear, but it occurred to me that this kind of substance could have been involved."

Good grief! What's the point in COSHH regulations if this stuff is left lying around?

"God help us all."

Quite!