Tuesday, 25 August 2026

More Accurate Headlone: The Definitions Of Each Have Been Stretched Too Far...

Racism and sexism have become normalised in Britain, the equalities minister has said, as she warned that young men were being sucked into violent misogyny by the “cesspit” of social media.

It takes extraordinady chutzpah to make a statement like this the day after the Home Office has had to publish pamphlets exhorting Third World invaders not to behave as if they were still in their foreign shitholes. Or just the typical lack of smarts that we can expect from this dead-on-its-feet Labour government under bodybags Burnham.

Bridget Phillipson said she was increasingly worried about how commonplace misogyny and racism had become, fuelled by online interactions and statements by politicians she said would not have been acceptable a few years ago.

Yes, obviously the real threat is in cyberspacee, not the real world, because you want to control it.  

Speaking to the Guardian’s Politics Weekly podcast, she said: “I worry that we are at kind of a ground zero in terms of attitudes around violence against women and girls. Things that not very long ago felt totally unacceptable are becoming normal. I think we’re seeing that in terms of attitudes towards women, and I think we see that in terms of attitudes around racism.”

Well, you're certaainly right that some people's attitudes to women stink but they're not always men, are they? Proving this cartoon right: 

She accused the shadow justice secretary, Nick Timothy, and Reform’s economic spokesperson, Robert Jenrick, of having made racist statements in recent years. Earlier this year, Timothy called Muslims praying in Trafalgar Square an “act of domination”, while Jenrick came under fire in October after the Guardian revealed he had complained he “didn’t see another white face” on a trip to an area of Birmingham.
“We had Nick Timothy, who said some appalling things about Muslim prayer. “Apparently I’m calling him names when I say that’s racist. I think it is fundamentally racist because I don’t think he would say that about any other group.”

Does any other group practise this arrogant seizure of public space for their religious devotions? No? Maybe thats why he doesn't say it.

The women and equalities minister also criticised the police for not taking violence against women and girls seriously enough.

Perhaps they are too busy with internal matters.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The women and equalities minister also criticised the police for not taking violence against women and girls seriously enough."

They can't do that because if they did they would be accused of being racist.

Stonyground.