Friday 6 June 2008

‘Proof..? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Proof’ Says Soon-To-Be-Ex-Top Cop...

Obviously, Sir Ian Blair is being driven insane by the lack of action taken against the real threat to our society – models on drugs:
Sir Ian wants the Crown Prosecution Service to look again at current rules which state that police cannot charge someone if they are unsure what substance they have been filmed taking.
Yeah, I think there’s a reason for that, Sir Ian. My favourite bit from ‘A Few Good Men’ springs to mind:

Lieutenant Spradling: I'm going to charge him with possession and being under the influence while on duty. You plead guilty I recommend 30 days in the brig with loss of rank and pay.
Kaffee: It was oregano, Dave. It was 10 dollars worth of oregano.
Lieutenant Spradling: Yeah, but your client thought it was marijuana.
Kaffee: My client's a moron, that's not against the law.
Lieutenant Spradling: Kaffee, I have people to answer to just like you do. I'm going to charge him.
Kaffee: With what? Possession of a condiment?

2 comments:

Old BE said...

Careful, you might attract the disgruntled readers of Copper's Blog over to shout you down!

Anonymous said...

Heh!

No, I think even there's even fewer fans of Sir Ian over there than in the regular blogs, if that's possible...