Wednesday 29 February 2012

Quote Of The Month

A double edition this month.

First off the blocks, Woman On A Raft on the subject of the Peter and Hazel Bull appeal:
"It is, and was, always about trying to force the public, and especially the orthodox Christians, to accept civil partnership as marriage, which is why Hall and Preddy went to Chymorvah and not Chymorgen."
And then NickM from 'Counting Cats...' extols the joys of computer gaming:
"Playing Civ was enormous fun because like every other computer game I had ever played which was good (and not utterly abstract) it was an opportunity for make believe to be real. I have shot down MiGs over the Yalu and nursed a crippled Sabre back to Kimpo and dead-sticked the landing (I imagine the virtual crew chief wasn’t happy with the state of the kite). I have driven racing cars and run body-parts across Downtown on Titan under withering fire from the Klamp-G gang. I have stormed the beaches of Normandy and I have not only seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion - I was the one who launched the missiles…"

2 comments:

Woman on a Raft said...

Thanks for the link.

JuliaM said...

You're welcome ;)