A mother has called on the council to improve the standards of a notorious temporary bed and breakfast accommodation for homeless families, after she was bitten by bed bugs.
Sharon Chivero, 24, who has been living in Gilroy Court for the past two months with her four month old son Aaron, said her linen and room was not cleaned once a week as it should be, and her complaints to the council over bed bugs had fallen on deaf ears.
She said: "The place is disgusting, it is filthy, and it is nasty. Basically the onus is on you to do everything. When I told the council they didn't seem to care.
"My child is living with me and he isn't happy, he is very upset."At four months, I'm impressed he can spot a bedbug! The council can't, and they've tried:
A Council spokesman said: “Pest control has been called in twice to treat Ms Chivero’s room but on both occasions they did not find any evidence of bed bugs."Oh, c'mon! I can spot some bloodsucking parasites just from the newspaper photo!