Monday 24 August 2015

I Smell A Rat* Here…

The driver of a horse and cart that brought town-centre traffic to a standstill in an extraordinary protest has threatened to repeat it "every day".
Ray Beecham blocked High Street, Croydon, with his horse and carriage for 20 minutes as part of a bitter dispute with the council over parking tickets.
No, no, before you say it, it wasn’t for a parking ticket on the horse and cart!
The dad-of-eight has now promised to repeat the stunt unless Croydon Council stops giving him tickets or moves his family to a different home with more parking spaces.
He has received numerous fines for parking vans and cars outside his town-centre home without a permit.
Hmm, horse and cart, numerous vehicles, attitude of total entitlement and contempt for others… are we dealing with a member of the Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers, perchance?
He told the Croydon Guardian: "They've moved us into a place where we've got no parking facilities. I keep getting parking tickets so I had to go up there and tell them, if the parking tickets carry on, I will use my horse and cart.
"I'm going to drive a horse and cart, and if anyone doesn't like it, move out of Croydon. I'll drive the horse in Croydon every day if they want. I could bring 20 horses if I wanted."
He said: "My children have nowhere to play except a main road. I've got autistic children so I have to get them out and about.
"If they can't sort out my parking, I'll have to use a horse and cart because they can't put a parking ticket on a horse and cart. "
Oh, I think you’ll find they can!
The council said Mr Beecham, who is registered as a tenant under the name Mr Howard, was not eligible for permits for his "large number of vehicles" because he did not own them.
Aha! Lots of vehicles at his property he doesn’t own, eh?
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed officers were called at 4.16pm to "a man on a horse and cart causing issues with the traffic".
He added: "Officers attended and spoke with the man who moved on from the location."
No arrests were made and no criminal offences were alleged.
Yes, I think we can conclude from the speed with which the police are backing away that we have a ‘persecuted minority’ here…

*Or something like a rat…

5 comments:

Lynne at Counting Cats said...

Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers

Now I know why it is not advisable to drink while sat in front of a keyboard.

Anonymous said...

"The council said Mr Beecham, who is registered as a tenant under the name Mr Howard, was not eligible for permits for his "large number of vehicles" because he did not own them."

If I was Trading Standards, I'd be running those names and the number plates through the database to see if any have been involved in scamming pensioners.

Lynne at Counting Cats said...

Blackpool has been inundated with the buggers this week.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/community/community-news/horse-races-on-prom-spark-police-alerts-1-7426705

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/999-scare-sparks-travellers-eviction-1-7417968

The antics in the first link are bad enough. Those in the second link are disgusting.

That the local council are seriously considering allowing this to become an annual event is batshit crazy.

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX I've got autistic children XX

That is what comes of shagging first cousins, aunties, uncles, sistera, Brothers, Mothers, dogs cats horses and gols fish, for a hundred generations.

Gypoes and Pakis, all the same.

JuliaM said...

"Now I know why it is not advisable to drink while sat in front of a keyboard. "

;)

"If I was Trading Standards, I'd be running those names and the number plates through the database..."

Me too!

"Blackpool has been inundated with the buggers this week."

:/ Another reason not to go...