Wednesday 8 April 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Foot…

X-Men Origins star Hugh Jackman has called the leaking of his film a month before release a "serious crime".
Umm, no, sorry.

This is a serious crime. Also this. Leaking a film of a bunch of actors poncing around pretending to be superheroes, not so much. No matter how good the trailer looks….

On a brighter note:
A journalist for Fox News was dismissed earlier this week for posting a review of X-Men Origins based on a viewing of the illegal download.
Why didn’t he just wait to make up his review on the day of the release? No-one would ever have known, judging by some of the actual reviews of films that I’ve seen…

Meanwhile:
Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian prime minister, has advised traumatised earthquake survivors to view living in emergency tent accommodation as like being on a "camping weekend".
Oh, for fu…

Actors and politicians – two groups with absolutely no sense of perspective whatsoever.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Its' a workprint (I've seen it on the pirate sites) which means it's a copy made from an unfinished version of the film produced by the studio. So, it's an insider job, one of their employees has leaked it.

JuliaM said...

Any good...? ;)

Nah, I'll wait for the finished version. Anyone who's ever bothered to watch the raw footage 'extras' you get on DVDs now will know what an unfinished copy, sans CGI, is going to look like - a dog's breakfast!

I understand they were saying when this first hit, that there was some kind of digital watermark that would tell them the source.

But how much of that is true, and how much the FBI equivalent of shaking the bushes to see what bolts out into the waiting guns, I couldn't say...

Anonymous said...

Oh god you mentioned an actor! I love actors and people who might know actors! Actors are soooo cool! Oh I wish I could have been an actor or a television presenter or chat show host or something fabulous like that. It must be wonderful to be an actor with films and scripts and acting and things and knowing other actors. Where would we be without actors? And U2? Oh I love U2 they do so much good in the world. And Sting. Oh god I love pop stars almost as much as I love actors. I was almost a pop star you know but then world war one happened and that was that.

Extracts tongue from cheek (face cheek!) and exits, stage left, carrying what remains of his contempt.

Oh god - I said "stage"! That's an acting word! I'd ...

p.s., just in case you missed the sarcasm: come the revolution when I am Minister High Almighty of OmniThings actors will be lined up and twatted until they see sense (and reality) immediately after all the politicians have been processed ...

Sue said...

I don't know to be honest. Didn't appeal to me really. I'm not an X-Man fan, but watermarks and frame counters can be annoying. DVDRIP's are the best of course :)

Dr Evil said...

The journo should have been fired for rank stupidity. He must have known it was a pirate and an unfinished pirated copy too.

Jackman is a luvvie and over reacted. Bit surprising for an Aussie tough guy.