James Sorby, 22, of Cavalier Close, Cross Green, Leeds, was left close to death after being hit with a 21,000 volt shock at a power sub-station.Must…not...make…obvious...comment…!
The impact blew part of his skull off, leaving his brain exposed.
He said the exact detail of what happened during the incident at Skelton Grange earlier this year was unclear.
He said: "All I can remember is going into the empty warehouse.
"I definitely didn't grab the cabling with my hands because I wouldn't do something like that…No, you look like a real genius….
He said he had not seen his three-year-old daughter until eight weeks after the incident because he was so badly injured.
He said: "When I finally got to see her, she didn't know who I was.You’re from Leeds. It must be a pretty common experience, surely..?
"It wasn't until she could smell me and hear my voice that she realised I was her dad and not some stranger.
"It was a horrible experience to realise that your own daughter didn't know who you were."