Friday 9 November 2012

And If That Doesn’t Work, You’ll All Be In Detention!

Yes, you, Mrs Brown, and you, Mr Jones!
Parents have been condemned for sending “offensive and inappropriate” emails to staff at a secondary school.
Quite right, too! The culprits should be dealt with.

But, when you are used to administering collective punishment to your charges, I suppose it makes some sort of sense to do the same thing with their parents.
All parents of pupils at East Sussex County Council-run Chailey Secondary School in Mill Lane, South Chailey, near Lewes, received a letter last week informing them that such behaviour would not be tolerated.
Yup. All parents. Not just the ones who sent the emails…
Chairman of internet bullying charity Cyber Smile Scott Freeman, based in Brighton, said: “This sets a terrible example to the pupils. The term ‘think before you click’ springs to mind more than ever before.”
Yes indeed, it does. Pity the headmistress didn't think of that, eh?

And is anyone else curious as to what the school might find ‘offensive’ or ‘inappropriate’?

6 comments:

Diesel said...

Probably politely asked why the "teacher" wasn't teaching them to read and write.

James Higham said...

All stay in at lunchtime and write 100 times: I'll not do it again, whatever "it" was.

Noggin the Nog said...

Internet bullying charity?

Have you got his email addo Julia, so I can tell him what a prick he is?

Anonymous said...

I live in East Sussex.

I promise you that Chailey is too near Brighton to be sane. I'll wager a tenner that a large number of the teachers actually commute from that cess pit of self love and "me, me, me". The rest will probably come from Lewes which, mainly, is a retirement home for ex hippies from London who still wear jeans and beads. Some call them Bohemian. Many, including me, call them sad.


In its defence, every Nov 5th, Lewes does have the most red blooded fireworks procession on the planet when we "out of towners" frighten the locals with lots of fire, anti Papist shouts and throwing of bangers.

It really is one of the great nights out in Britain. Go google it folks.

Paul said...

I went to school in East Sussex half a century ago - Haywards Heath grammar school. I can endorse what anonymous at 20:59 says about the Lewes November 5th. 'celebrations'. Burning barrels of tar rolled down the streets, effigies of the pope and contemporary 'hate' figures atop the large bonfires and great firework displays. In my day the pope was Paul VI and a popular hate figure Harold Wilson. It all went back to the Lewes martyrs, protestants burnt at the stake in the days of Bloody Mary, if I remember correctly.

As I remember it, Chailey was a nice little village. It shows just how far down the chute the country has gone if it is now home to foul mouthed chavs that electronically berate their childrens' teachers.

JuliaM said...

"All stay in at lunchtime and write 100 times: I'll not do it again, whatever "it" was."

It does have that feel to it, doesn't it?

"Have you got his email addo Julia, so I can tell him what a prick he is?"

Heh!

"...Chailey is too near Brighton to be sane. "

I had a feeling it might be the malign influence of that cursed place...

" It shows just how far down the chute the country has gone if it is now home to foul mouthed chavs that electronically berate their childrens' teachers."

Well, without seeing some of these 'offensive' emails, I'd be loathe to take the headmistress's word for it that that's what they were...