Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ingratitude…

The family of a missing woman have hit out at police
For not bothering to find her? Well, no. Not exactly.

For bothering.
… after they were door-knocked as part of the inquiry.
I…

I just…

*speechless*
Police have been carrying out inquiries in Sneinton and have put up posters – but Leanne feels let down after a police community support officer (PCSO) knocked on her door to ask if she had heard anything about the missing woman.
"I was disgusted – they should have known this is her address," she said. "If you can't trust the police who can you trust?"
Oh, get over yourselves!

It was an error – the PCSO is actually doing the job they are paid for, for once, rather than standing guard over a plastic egg in some school playground!

That they knocked on your door too just means – as usually happens – a bit of poor communication. It’s not a ghastly plot to rub your noses in it.
Inspector Mark Stanley said: "The inquiry was made in good faith and the PCSOs were unaware that the property was linked to Sandra.
"This does not detract from the upset it has caused her daughter and I have personally apologised to her."
I've no doubt he felt he had to say something, but really…
Sandra's mum Kathleen, Gollin, 86, said: "We just want to see something being done to find Sandra and bring her home."
You just have seen something being done – so stop whinging about it to the local newspaper!

6 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

I know it's going off at a bit of a tangent, but it always annoys me when newspaper - and TV - reports refer to "mum" and "dad" rather than "mother" and "father".

Twenty_Rothmans said...

I liked this comment:
Let's be charitable and assume the complaint was made only because the family are unable to think rationally while their loved one is still missing.

but it looks better this way:
Let's be charitable and assume the complaint was made only because the family are unable to think rationally

I have looked at the picture in the article and I really wish I hadn't.

Inspector Mark Stanley said: "... I have personally apologised to her."

I am thinking of the 'Dirty Fork' Monty Python skit now.



Woodsy42 said...

Curmudgeon, maybe they use 'mum and dad' because being informal it doesn't define actual maternity and paternity so clearly or formally, rather just defines the adults with responsibility?

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

It was an error – the PCSO is actually doing the job they are paid for, for once, rather than standing guard over a plastic egg in some school playground!

Well, yes .. for once. I suppose if the PCSO had asked to check the loft then she may have had something to complain about - unless Gran's up there of course ;0)

This is one of the few instances I actually feel sorry for the PCSOs, I'm sure they want to do their best but I assume that most Forces treat them like something they trod in and I doubt the PCSO in question was even told to avoid that address.

Anonymous said...

It is not unusual for families of missing persons to not notify the Police, or other people searching for them, when their loved one returns. It could very well have been the CSO was merely checking to see if the missing person had been in touch. Regular checking with families of missing persons to see if they have received any contact is one of the basic rules in circumstances like this. Rather than complain about the Police trying to do their job, they may wish to thank the Police for the actions they have taken - sorry, that was a really silly remark I have just made, I know!
Penseivat

JuliaM said...

"..it always annoys me when newspaper - and TV - reports refer to "mum" and "dad" rather than "mother" and "father""

Thank God! I thought I was the only one! It grates, like fingernails on a blackboard...

"...rather just defines the adults with responsibility?"

Looking at some of them, should they really be given responsibility over anything?

"This is one of the few instances I actually feel sorry for the PCSOs..."

Me too. I cannot imagine running to the papers with such a trivial complaint!

"It is not unusual for families of missing persons to not notify the Police, or other people searching for them, when their loved one returns."

GAH!! :/