Tuesday 19 November 2013

It’ll Do You Good, Love…

A disabled woman says she has had to struggle up two flights of stairs for nearly two weeks because the lift at her council block of flats has not been fixed.
Two flights of stairs! Two?!? Oh, wait. She is ‘disabled’. How, though?
She suffers from fibromyalgia, a long-term muscle condition which causes pain all over her body, including chronic back pain.
Hmmm… Well, I suppose at least it isn’t Morgellons.

But really, having to walk down two flights of stairs isn't exactly hardship (and exercise is recommended for her condition). Especially when, as it turns out, she only has to walk down one:
The breakdown of the lift, which serves the even numbers in the block
*sighs*

But the best is yet to come!
… has led to more people using the rubbish chutes, which became blocked for four days. Then the stairwell became a dumping ground for fly-tippers discarding rotting food.
Yup! Because this is social housing, the thing to do when you meet the slightest little inconvenience is clearly to behave like complete pigs and blame 'the cahncel, innit?' for the resulting mess.

FFS! This is the sort of behaviour that gives social housing its (mostly deserved) poor reputation,
Kelly said: “I have a dog and must make this journey down the stairs four or five times a day.
“Climbing the stairs is not good. I have muscle problems and chronic back pain.
They shouldn’t let us live in a place with all this rubbish and where you can’t even get to your home.“
‘They shouldn’t let…’ Who shouldn’t? The council? The poor bloody taxpayer?

H/T: APILN

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia, do you know anyone with fibromyalgia?

I do, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

Whilst I've no doubt that fibromyalgia is a most unpleasant and debilitating syndrome, I'm equally confident that it's effects can be at least partly controlled and perhaps even reduced by regular exercise, control over one's body mass and a positive mental attitude - none of which the lady in the article seems to practice.

Ken and Sheena said...

Fidel... Equally confident?! From your comment, it is obvious that you know fuck all about it. I've seen the effects first hand, because my wife suffers from it. As Rightwinggit said, you would not wish it on your worst enemies. We are independent, do not claim anything. There is no lead to be swung. Just an awful condition that we have to live with. Ignorant opinions, such as yours, are truly staggering in their inhumanity.

Dr Cromarty said...

Clearly the local takeaway delivers to her door despite the lift.

Anonymous said...

I don't think she needs worry about her dog any more. I think she's eaten it!
Penseivat

johnd2008 said...

A few years ago I walked past a young man clearing bags of rubbish from the canal towpath by Little Venice in London. I complimented him on the good job he was doing and then asked him if he knew where the rubbish came from.Yes, he said,they came from the flats which bordered the canal.The rubbish chutes were on the far side of the building and no one could be bothered to walk the width of the flat. It was easier to open the kitchen window and throw it out.Lazy,dirty bastards.

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

@Ken & Sheena

I rather think that you are making some glaring assumptions - but that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it ; 0)

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX … has led to more people using the rubbish chutes, which became blocked for four days.XX

The lift was kaputt so.......

They used the RUBBISH chutes?

Two of the clock Wednesday morning, and I get STRANGE pictures in my head!!!

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX johnd2008
It was easier to open the kitchen window and throw it out.Lazy,dirty bastards. XX

Here we have lots of buildings with "Lichthöfe".

Basically that is an open space which is closed off to the outside world with buildings/flats built around. Normally a couple of meters²

Wedding/Kreuzberg/Schönefeld/Neukölln/etc are full of them.

Full to the arseholes with bin bags simply thrown out of the windows!

Also, the odd miss-birth, or other bodily remains as well.

Now. Tell me who are the "majority" in these flats?

CLUE; They are NOT GERMANS!

JuliaM said...

"Julia, do you know anyone with fibromyalgia?"

Given it's recent growth, I ought to.

I suspect it's like ADHD - severe, debilitating and rare, but sadly now the go-to choice for a lot of doctors who just want the patient to shut up and go away.

" Just an awful condition that we have to live with."

As I said above, I don't doubt it exists. I also don't doubt it's over-diagnosed.

"Clearly the local takeaway delivers to her door despite the lift."

SNORK!

"Lazy,dirty bastards."

Exactly!

"Two of the clock Wednesday morning, and I get STRANGE pictures in my head!!!"

I doubt she'd fit...

The Blocked Dwarf said...

"CLUE; They are NOT GERMANS!"-FT

No they're Berliners :P

...Berliners with a 'migration background' (which, according to ZDF, seems to be the accepted way of saying 'Kanake' these days).

Furor Teutonicus said...

XX seems to be the accepted way of saying 'Kanake' these days.XX

:-D

Does not stop me using it.

But then,. I suppose you guessed that already. :-D