Wednesday 11 July 2018

Texts Aren't Handwritten, Unfortunately For You...

....for once, we can all read quite clearly what a doctor has written:
Addis, from Skipton, North Yorks who was unrepresented and visibly shaking during the hearing admitted sending the two texts but denied sending them with the intention of Mr B paying her money.
Really?
'Regarding those text messages, there was no intention of blackmail at all. I had genuine concerns about the accusations made. This was not for personal gain.
'I accept they were malicious allegations but I truly believed I was helping Miss A'.
Hmmm, OK, let's see the texts then:
The first message sent by Addis read: 'I feel duty bound to report to social services an allegation Miss A made to me back in April last year about you and historical abuse - now if she doesn't lie then it must be true and I feel duty bound to inform social services.'
In a further message sent the same day she added: 'Put the money you owe in my account TODAY.. and admit that Miss A is a liar that caused all this trouble or I shall go to my solicitor and social services in the morning. This is in no way blackmail as if you don't admit Miss A is a liar then I have genuine concerns, I am giving you the chance to settle this and clear your name.'
Well, that's cleared that up!

I suppose the only remaining mystery is why this is a case for the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service, and not the criminal justice system..?

3 comments:

jack ketch said...


I suppose the only remaining mystery is why this is a case for the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service, and not the criminal justice system..?


One assumes that the GMC are dealing with that which falls within their bailiwick (the accessing records without consent) and the CPS (stop giggling at the back) will charge her with blackmail etc in the fullness of time?

Sgt Albert Hall said...

Don’t forget the fact that the CPS won’t even hear of this unless North Yorkshire’s finest do something about it.

JuliaM said...

"...and the CPS (stop giggling at the back) will charge her with blackmail etc in the fullness of time?"

I'd like to think so too.

"Don’t forget the fact that the CPS won’t even hear of this unless North Yorkshire’s finest do something about it."

They do seem to have been involved somewhere.