Nicholas James Hildebrand, aged 26, of Shakespeare Road, Dartford, was sentenced on Monday after admitting allowing his Staffordshire bull terrier, Banksy, to be dangerously out of control.And his excuse for the escape of his out of control beast, who had to be dragged off an elderly man by his flatmate?
Defending Hildebrand, Giles Morrison said: “When Mr Hildebrand went out, he thought the window was closed.Well I’m sure it was genuine. It always is, when in the dock.
“He was not well at the time and was on medication which may have stopped him from making necessary steps to make sure he was secure.
“He has expressed genuine remorse for what happened to Mr Keane and his dog.”
So what action was taken?
The court decided he should be:WOOOOHOOOO! About time a real punishment was….
2. Muzzled in a public place
3. Kept on a lead of 2m or less when in public
4. Always under the control of a responsible adult of 16 years or over
5. Never taken within 100m of Priory Hill
6. To be micro-chipped
7. To wear a clearly legible ID disc with Hildebrand’s mother’s name on
8. Under the care of Hildebrand's mother until he moves to secure accommodation
9. His mother to take care of Banksy until Hildebrand finds a new home that is approved secure by Kent Constabulary.*sigh*
I guess it was the dog they were talking about….