Wednesday 23 January 2013

It's Not That I've Got A Downer On Postmen, But...

Postal workers are refusing to deliver mail to a woman's home because they are scared of...
Oooh, oooh, I know! Dogs, right?

No? Cats, then?
...slipping onpigeon droppings.
*confused face*

OK, they are no fun - I was sitting on the platform awaiting my train just the other day when a pigeon dropped a load on the platform. But no Decon Team came rushing to put up barriers around the steaming excreta, everyone just walked round it...

It's not even as if they were her pigeons!
Pigeons gather on top of a wall above the small alley in Helston, Cornwall, and regularly pelt the path with droppings.
What's she supposed to do, get a golden eagle? I think that'll probably make the same amount of mess, won't it?

4 comments:

James Higham said...

OK, they are no fun - I was sitting on the platform awaiting my train just the other day when a pigeon dropped a load on ........

I was expecting something a little more exciting, Julia.

Woman on a Raft said...

A golden eagle is an excellent suggestion. I'm with the posties on this.

JuliaM said...

"I'm with the posties on this."

It is pretty nasty stuff, but to fail to deliver someone's post because of it?

Starship Fighter said...

Sorry, but that is bollocks. If a grown man, who's job involves walking around a lot so one assumes they are reasonably competent at it, can't negotiate a bit of bird shit they need to be fired, not told that they are free to make their own minds up.