Friday 31 January 2014

Maybe They Don’t Like Garage Coffee, Councillor?

Coun Barrie Yates, vice-chairman of Samlesbury Parish Council, who also represents the area at borough and county council level, said he was against the proposal.
“This will be of no benefit to the local community or anyone else because there are coffee facilities at the garage near the motorway.”
No benefit at all? Are you sure?
If approved at the council meeting on Wednesday, four full-time and eight part-time jobs will be created.
I guess you've got full employment in your area, Barrie…

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Zeus forbid people should have choice in where they get their coffee from.

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

I pass that building quite frequently - in fact I bought my lunch there .. once.

As you can see from the photo, there is quite a large parking area at the back, and I've yet to see it full - granted I'm past during the day and evenings might be a different story. I do just wonder if the Councillors have decided that they were fooled last time and won't be fooled again. I wasn't aware that KFC were allowing Costa Lottee outlets on their sites. Perhaps the franchise is due for renewal and Costa's terms and fees are more generous?

JuliaM said...

"Zeus forbid people should have choice in where they get their coffee from."

It is a bit Soviet, isn't it?

"Perhaps the franchise is due for renewal and Costa's terms and fees are more generous?"

A distinct possibility...

Personal Trainer Lady St John's Wood said...

Haha, get your priorities in order, Barrie!