Wednesday 8 January 2014

Tune Time: "When they broke through to pull us free, the only ones left to tell the tale was Joe and me..."

Music, especially when on the radio (and I'm a great listener of Radio Two - it's pretty much the only channel I listen to) is so often background noise for me. It's on, and I'm only half-listening.

But occasionally there'll be a song that I just have to stop what I'm doing and listen to. And so I thought I'd list a few of these for this year's 'extra' monthly posts. All of these will be songs I've heard (some more often than others) on Radio Two within the last year, and had to stop what I was doing for the duration.

And kicking off, January's offering is The Buoys with 'Timothy':

 

I didn't realise, until I did a bit of research for the post and found this YouTube video, that this was written by Rupert Holmes of 'Pina Colada' fame, who was a good candidate on my shortlist for this series (though I much prefer 'Him')!

5 comments:

The Blocked Dwarf said...

"and I'm a great listener of Radio Two - it's pretty much the only channel I listen to"

You know you have become your Dad/Mom when you find Radio 2 are playing music you *want* to listen to!

There's no hope for you Joolz, next you'll be ordering Womens Weekly and buying a cat. Menopause beckons.

Anonymous said...

Julia, why do you think we care?

Anonymous said...

Julia, Why do you think we care? Your choice of muzak is your own affair. I would have thought you would know that. Intuitively.

Maybe not.

JuliaM said...

"You know you have become your Dad/Mom when you find Radio 2 are playing music you *want* to listen to!"

Yes! Also when you tune into Heart or Radio One by mistake & think 'What's this awful cacophony?'...

"Julia, why do you think we care?"

Why do you care enough to have complained about it?

Anonymous said...

Maybe because you care enough to complain about everything.