Monday 10 March 2014

He Seems To Be Coping Quite Well With The Newsshopper Reporter And Photographer…

Mrs Feria De La Torre added: "It's going to be tough if Joshua doesn't get the help he needs.
"He is very bright but struggles with noisy, crowded places and he can’t cope with people he doesn’t know."
Riiiight
School headteacher Guy Nichols said: "The academy is supportive of Mrs Feria De La Torre’s case to ensure that Joshua has appropriate levels of funding and provision to meet his special educational need.
"Our position has been one to provide evidenced based assessment of need to the parent and local authority."
And the panel heard your evidence and decided it wasn't enough.

5 comments:

Longrider said...

Being a fairly extreme introvert, I have always had difficulty coping with crowds, noise and people I don't know. I am now a successful trainer - dealing with crowds, noise and people I don't know. However did I manage without funding, I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Bunny

Does this involve the mother getting an enhanced benefit?

Fidel Cuntstruck said...

@Bunny - if the mother gets her way it will ... sure as eggs are eggs.

I'm sure it's not easy having an Autistic child, in fact I know it isn't, one of my nephews is autistic so I do have some experience. The one thing he definitely wouldn't do is to look straight at a press photographer who hadn't been in the house before - he'd just leg it to his room and any attempt to make him sit and pose would end in tears.

So I'm doubting Mrs Tierra del Fuego ... or whatever her name is, and I've also got my reservations about the Doctor who seems, on the face of it, to have lumped a convenient diagnosis on the child - although, to be fair, said doctor hasn't had the opportunity to comment, and probably couldn't anyway for fear of giving the woman more ammo.

I'm also rather disappointed the, right through that article, the "bedroom tax" has not been mentioned ... perhaps she's saving that one?

Tatty said...

In the mother's own words:

"Joshua is doing really well at the school"

Case closed.

JuliaM said...

"However did I manage without funding, I wonder?"

Is it too late to put in a claim? ;)

"...and I've also got my reservations about the Doctor who seems, on the face of it, to have lumped a convenient diagnosis on the child..."

I have some sympathy. I'd want this mother out of my surgery quickly too!