Wednesday 10 June 2015

Gaming 1995: "The Dig" (Dell 486)

And so to Lucasart's 'The Dig'. Probably the last true ‘point & click’ game I ever played, it was an engrossing game, with a great score and some memorable voice actors.

The puzzles weren't too difficult ('Myst' drove me insane!) and the storyline, while a bit cliched, kept you hooked. I even bought the novelisation, though that was after I'd played the game, and mostly on the strength of the author's reputation...


This is another that is overdue for re-release on Steam or some other platform.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can get it on Good Old Games (GOG) for about $8.00.
Hope that helps.
Sláinte,
Geoff Ding

Lynne at Counting Cats said...

One of my all times faves. I loved Day of he Tentacle too.

Juliet 46 said...

Myst I, II,and III also drove me insane - until I learnt how to cheat....

JuliaM said...

"You can get it on Good Old Games (GOG) for about $8.00."

I think I still have my copy in the loft, though would probably need emulation software to get it to work now...

"One of my all times faves. I loved Day of he Tentacle too."

Yup, LucasArts were king at one point.

"Myst I, II,and III also drove me insane - until I learnt how to cheat...."

It's amazing how much the internet has ruined good old fashioned discovery and trial & error in games.

Anonymous said...

GOG do the emulation for you. It's the lazy nostalgics way.
Sláinte,
Geoff Ding