Friday 5 June 2015

Well, Churchill Didn’t Get Everything Right…

…sometimes you just can’t rely on ‘jaw jaw’:
Disputes with travellers can be resolved if people talk to them instead of “digging trenches” , the new leader of the Greens has said.
I suppose ‘Get orf moi land!’ isn’t the sort of ‘talking to’ he means?
Travellers were an ongoing issue for the past Green administration, who were criticised for taking a soft touch on illegal encampments.
Their actions have even been cited by one of their councillors as one the reasons for their defeat in the council elections.
*chuckles*

Sadly, that seems to be the only one of the Greens capable of learning anything…
Councillor Mac Cafferty said: “I can try to understand where these frustrations come from. I have had travellers who have arrived in my own ward – on Brunswick Terrace.
“I think the key thing whenever these issues arise is to carry on talking to people.
“The first thing I did whenever I was on the understanding travellers have arrived I went and spoke to them immediately, I went and spoke to the MP for Hove, I made sure our traveller team knew about the travellers and made sure the welfare of the travellers was okay.”
Yes, I can see why the taxpayers are a little bit aggrieved…
“I made sure that everyone knew what the other was thinking and saying.
“I think a lot of this is people have dug trenches and have stopped talking and I think like the resolution to so many problems, actually when communication is kept strong people began to understand. ”
Oh, I’m all in favour of ‘strong communication’ in these instances, but I suspect it’s not what you mean by the term!

6 comments:

MTG said...

"Disputes with travellers can be resolved if people talk to them."
Yeah. Good luck with that, Councillor Phlegm.

Anonymous said...

"Fuck off, pikeys!" works for me.

Ted Treen said...

I think Anonymous puts it rather succinctly.

Flaxen Saxon said...

I have a few stories to relate about 'gypos'. None will please the 'average Guardian reader'. Maybe they are getting the influx of the Eastern European variety. Watch that your personalized number plate hasn't been spirited away. The Flaxen haired one hates fucking gypos.

Anonymous said...

"Fuck off, pikeys!" PLUS flamethrower works for me !

JuliaM said...

"I think Anonymous puts it rather succinctly."

Indeed!

"Maybe they are getting the influx of the Eastern European variety."

Maybe Oxford Street got a bit too hot for them..?