Monday 12 December 2016

Losing Faith In Humanity...

He said: "We were walking down to the school and it's a narrow path. Jenson sat down which is the signal for me to stop because there is something in my way and I can go no further.
"I could hear a woman was getting a child out of the car, which was screaming and crying, and putting it in a pushchair. Jenson stood up and was a bit hesitant, and then I heard his jaws bang together and his teeth clatter and he yelped. I knew he had been kicked.
"He span round and round so I told him to lie down to calm him down. But then the woman ran the pushchair over his paws and he shot back up and yelped again.
She just carried on. "I heard someone say 'did you just see that, she just kicked a guide dog', so I know it was witnessed by people so I need them to come forward.
Jesus wept! Who watches a woman kick a man's guide dog and does nothing?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RoP adherent!

Antisthenes said...

I do not have much faith in my fellow human beings. In fact all my cynicism stems from it. I have come to the conclusion that there are no good people in the world only people who sometimes do good things. That statement I am conscious of the fact will bring me no approbation from anyone. However I would point to the fact that all out actions and deeds stem from self interest. That self interest stems from our in built instinct when we are born and that is to survive and procreate. We will forever pursue those two objectives and dependent on our character will depend on how ruthlessly we do so. The mildest of us will in subtle and less intrusive ways seek self interest but as that is the majority of us we do not recognise it as such. We see that as normal and acceptable behaviour. Even altruism is motivated by a need to feel good about ourselves and as it does not often do much for our self interest is not much practised.

Andy said...

Antisthenes touches on something, which is that giving is most often a selfish act. It's called virtue signalling. As for the assault on the guide dog, I have nothing to add which hasn't crossed most readers' minds.

Lynne at Counting Cats said...

The same thought as that of Anon, 11.11, crossed my mind. If she's a parent picking up from the school then people ARE going to know who the heartless bitch is.

JuliaM said...

"RoP adherent!"

Could be. without a description, we can't tell.

"I do not have much faith in my fellow human beings."

I'm beginning to lose what little I had as I get older...

"If she's a parent picking up from the school then people ARE going to know who the heartless bitch is."

They don't seem inclined to do anything about it, though...