Wednesday 9 March 2011

Actions Have Consequences…

Another primary school in special measures has been left without a headteacher after a superhead shipped in to turn it around declined the job at the last minute.
‘Another’…?

That rings a bell….

Aha!
This comes less than a week after a fiasco at Oval Primary School which saw a popular headteacher removed and replaced with executive headteacher Craig Tunstall of the Gipsy Hill Federation.

He was ousted after just 48 hours by furious parents and teachers because of harsh discipline measures imposed on children.
Yup, I’d tell them to go swivel on it, too…

2 comments:

Roue le Jour said...

"Five were excluded for offences such as not wearing a coat in the playground and not eating their school dinner."

While all in favour of harsh discipline, spare the rod, etc. I don't think either of those is a good reason for exclusion, which, it seems to me, should be primarily for disruption.

JuliaM said...

"...I don't think either of those is a good reason for exclusion, which, it seems to me, should be primarily for disruption."

Agreed, but I wonder if that was accurately reported, or if there was more to it?