Friday 3 June 2011

Gosh, I Wonder Who Could Be Behind This..?

Two nine-month-old puppies are without their cage after a thief stole it from their owner’s drive.

The black cage had been put outside for less than 15 minutes, when it was spotted by an opportunist who put it in the back of his van.
A rival dog owner? Someone who wanted to keep a dwarf prisoner?
Police believe it may have been stolen for its scrap metal value.
Aha!

Incidentally, I was talking to a supermarket employee who was collecting shopping trolleys a few weeks ago, and asking why they always seemed to run short of the smaller, shallower kind. He said it was because they'd had a lot of thefts. For the scrap value...

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Now waht do I have that's metal that I have have to tie down ... ? Hmmmm ....

Macheath said...

It's the timescale that always amazes me.

This sort of thing is quite common in our area - nothing to do with the local scrap metal emperor and his five strapping sons, oh dear me no, not at all! - and the items invariably vanish within minutes of being left unattended.

A few years ago a washing machine was taken from my drive - it had been outside for barely 15 minutes and I was in the house all along; never heard or saw a thing.

I'm still wondering how they did it!

Uncle Badger said...

Which makes me wonder why the council charges so much to get rid of one.

On second thoughts, no it doesn't!

MTG said...

My lead was stolen by three scruffs with Irish accents who were first seen admiring my roof from an untaxed pick up truck, complete with a registration plate held on with one bright new screw and dangling at the mandatory 10 degrees.

Hope this info assists.

JuliaM said...

"It's the timescale that always amazes me."

We did a side trip to Morrisons this morning - not a single shallow trolley in sight. Not one.