Friday 3 June 2011

A Telling Phrase…

Although it was arranged for Annabelle, a former Joseph Rowntree School pupil, to meet mental health workers in 2009, she did not attend an appointment.
At the time of her death she was on a doctor’s waiting list to see a counsellor. Prior to the adoption, her social worker, John Corden, said Annabelle was “ambivalent” about accepting the support offered to her as this would involve “putting boundaries around her lifestyle”.
I wonder what that really means in English..?

5 comments:

Dr Evil said...

Obey a set of rules?

Lord T said...

That sounds like government olifecer speak. I suspect she said 'I'm not seeing a shrink and being told I must do what they say' out from the government workers mouth is ....

James Higham said...

Wonder what it means in any language? Lord T might have it.

English Viking said...

Probably something like... 'Piss off, I'm not mental'.

JuliaM said...

"Probably something like... 'Piss off, I'm not mental'."

Heh! Could be.