Saturday 26 September 2009

"Act submissive!"

"I've never been so submissive in my life!"
'I saw the panda car pull up on the opposite side of the road and both officers were staring at me with their mouths wide open. They didn't seem too keen to get out initially so stayed in their car just looking at me.

I think they twigged it wasn't an actual gorilla when they saw I was wearing trainers and had a rucksack on my back.'
I rather hope they realised a bit sooner than that...
'One of the officers that turned up had heard me on the radio that morning so once he knew who I was they let me carry on.'
Say what..?

You mean, if he hadn't heard about you, he might not have let you go?
A spokesman for Leicestershire police said: 'We did receive a call from a member of the public on Wednesday at about 4.30pm who reported seeing a gorilla on the A6 and was concerned for their safety.'
Please do him or her for wasting police time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have gone to.......
Ok, getting my coat...

JuliaM said...

Heh! :)

Rob said...

Good to see the lazy wankers at Leicestershire police can get off their arses for serious stuff like blokes in gorilla suits running down the road.

Well done, fellas, it's a start. Now, when the terrified woman with the disabled daughter rings up, AGAIN, go through the same process - take feet off desk, get in car, maybe even switch on siren, drive to address, arrest scum.