Monday 28 September 2009

He Said, She Said...

The council's story:
A spokesperson for Wiltshire Council said they had received a complaint from Mrs Whalley and had launched an investigation.

'We are sorry that Mrs Whalley feels that our officer acted in an inappropriate manner. This was never their intention. The officer was sympathetic to this woman once he realised the situation she was in and offered assistance,' the spokesperson said.
The mother's story:
Mrs Whalley, 36, said: 'I was just driving along when he started coughing and spluttering.

'I pulled over at the first place I could, because I saw that he was having real trouble breathing and had started to turn blue. I was really frightened - it was a complete emergency.

'I had been trying to help Christien for about 30 seconds when the parking warden tapped on my window.

'I opened the door and he told me I couldn't park there but I just told him I wasn't parked, I was trying to save my son's life.'

Mrs Whalley, who lives in Salisbury with Christien's father Dean, who is in the army, said she slammed the door on the warden, who then went to the back of the car and took her number plate.

Then he walked back to the side of the car and tapped on the window again.

She added: 'I got out of the car and was trying to pat my son on the back to stop him choking but the warden just kept badgering me.

'I was really panicking but all he kept saying was that I had to move my car. It was staggering.

'He didn't offer to help me at all even though he could see what was happening. I just kept telling him that there was no way I was going to move until I had made sure my son was alright.

'The only advice he offered was that if my son was choking I should call an ambulance.'
Go back 10-15 years, and people would take such a tale with a big pinch of salt, because who would expect someone to act in such a fashion, even a hated traffic warden?

But today..?

7 comments:

INCOMING!!!!!!! said...

If your quotes are accurate, just reading the use of language tells you everything.

As always the official line fails the Turing test.

IF it goes pear shaped, and that's a 50/50 today, there will be blood on the streets. Revenge will be sweet Our polity do not realise what's about to be unleashed.

Jeff Wood said...

"as always, the official line fails the Turing test."

Priceless. Many thanks, Incoming.

JuliaM said...

Fails the Voigh-Kampf test too...

Von Spreuth. said...

she slammed the door on the warden, who then went to the back of the car and took her number plate.

That is the HEIGHT of cynisism, (Even better than ME fer feks sake!!!) using the womans plight to steal her number plate, Was the traffic warden not arrested for this?

Von Spreuth said...

Julia. Sorry no other contact possiblility.

I presume you HAVE read this?

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/the-last-post/#comments

Interesting.

JuliaM said...

"Was the traffic warden not arrested for this?"

Ah, if only.

"I presume you HAVE read this?"

I did indeed. Very odd.

I must admit, the last few posts over there have been almost unreadable as a result of either sockpuppeting or just some vry odd comments.

Hopefully, this will be an end to it.

Rob said...

Go back 10-15 years and a group of lads would have kicked the shit out of the traffic warden, and well deserved.