Tuesday 18 January 2011

A Mistake Anyone Could Make…

…I mean, when you’ve put through so many illiberal proposals, how can you remember them all?
In an interview with BBC Wales, Mrs Gillan was asked about her proposal for a presumed consent bill eight years ago.

She said: "I think you had better check your facts on that."
Oh dear. They did.
In a statement issued a few hours later, the Welsh secretary said: "Unfortunately I made a mistake in the radio interview and now recall that I did introduce a private members' bill in name only alongside several others eight years ago in my role as an opposition whip.

"This bill was objected to by the then Labour government and was never debated."
Whoops!

5 comments:

Laban said...

Does that mean that if you have a car accident on a day-trip across the border they'll whip your organs out without a second thought?

Captain Haddock said...

It would serve one right if they did .. for going in the first place ..

I went to Wales once .. it was shut .. I haven't been back ..

Anonymous said...

video pulled. suprise.

blueknight said...

OK. I read it quickly and thought it was the sort of 'presumed consent' that would have put paid to false rape claims.
I would have liked to have seen the expression on Harriet Harman's face if it was

JuliaM said...

"Does that mean that if you have a car accident on a day-trip across the border they'll whip your organs out without a second thought?"

A good point! I wonder if there's a procedure for 'foreigners'?

"video pulled. suprise."

Really? It's still there on the article.

"I would have liked to have seen the expression on Harriet Harman's face if it was"

:D